Bush & Thomas should expect a much smaller workload in 2012 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bush & Thomas should expect a much smaller workload in 2012

Check out his numbers. Ryan Grant rushed for over 1,200 yards the first 2 years Rodgers took over as QB. The WCO is gonna take the fins with Tannehill or whatever Qb at least 2-3 years to be what Green Bay is. Bush is gonna be leaned on until that process is over and he can put up some big rushing totals the next couple of years.

Good news is that we will have that threat of a passing game with the WCO and our WR and TE will be used more and better. That alone will make the running game more effective, longer drives...better offense.

If true, then thats gonna throw a wrench in Bush's plains to get the rushing title.

although I agree with the post above me, the running game will be used more then normal once our offense is a fully oiled functioning machine.

Philbin will adapt to our strength. he said himself that it is not as easy as taking one offense and bringing it over to another team as is. you need to adapt to players and their talents.

Philbin will adapt to our strength. he said himself that it is not as easy as taking one offense and bringing it over to another team as is. you need to adapt to players and their talents.

You mean (gasp) that he is taking a Belichick like approach... minus cameras of course.

Philbin won't be calling plays, it will be Mike Sherman.

Bush will be used alot as far as catching the ball out of the back field.

Bush will be used alot as far as catching the ball out of the back field.
Precisely, he will probably NOT be asked to run between the tackles as much as last year, that´s where DT and a healthy Messam will come in...Miller? Special Teams and learning from Bush, CJ Spiller type of intro...Slaton and Jonas Gray? Lets first see if they make the team...

Fewer rushing attempts equals less opportunity which SHOULD increase desire and production. Bush can get his title with fewer touches. He just needs to make every single touch count. I have little opinion of our draft pick from last year. Thomas? Who is he? He has shown nothing so far.

Messem won't make the team. I dont understand this forums' obsession with the guy. He's out.

Bush -> Thomas -> Miller -> Slaton or Gray (honestly this is a coinflip without extra information). Those are our running backs.

It would appear that Reggie Bush's skillset is suited perfectly for the WCO. His quick cutting, elusive running and ability to catch passes out of the backfield is something I am excited to watch him work within this offense!

hopefully he can stay healthy! DT had me excited after his first two games last year, it seemed that hamstring injury kinda slowed his momentum. He was averaging above 5 ypc after his first 2 100 yard games to start his career and showed a bullish ability to run over people that lacked the rest of the season.

hmm.. strength of our team? running game... smaller workload? doesn't make sense! you work to the strength of your team

It would not surprise me if Bush didn't have as many carries as he did last year if Thomas and Miller can give some production, but that doesn't mean Bush won't be as effective in different ways

Back
Top Bottom