Bush vs. Bradshaw | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bush vs. Bradshaw

ForksPhin

Scout Team
Club Member
Reaction score
Reggie Bush cost the Dolphins a player in Amaya, a draft pick, and $5M per year for 2 years.

Ahmad Bradshaw cost the Giants $4.5M per year for 4 years, no players, no draft picks.

How can this front office be so incompetent?

We have no idea what Bradshaw was asking for when they were negotiating. I believe he was asking for much more at the time and priced himself out. Dolphins couldnt wait, so went with Bush instead. Bradshaw was then forced to take the lowball offer from NYG.

We have no idea what Bradshaw was asking for when they were negotiating. I believe he was asking for much more at the time and priced himself out. Dolphins couldnt wait, so went with Bush instead. Bradshaw was then forced to take the lowball offer from NYG.

What he said. Bradshaw was asking MUCH more at the time, until he priced himself out of every team. He settled for that money, after he was left with no real options besides signing back with New York

exactly this...at the time he was probably asking what the panthers gave deangello...way too much.

i dont think the FO screwd up on this one, i think his price was probably too high,

my guess is he tried to drive up his price tag by shopping teams like miami, but i think he wanted to be a giant all along. The market changed when miami was no longer his leverage, so he signed for less

exactly this...at the time he was probably asking what the panthers gave deangello...way too much.

i dont think the FO screwd up on this one, i think his price was probably too high,
My thoughts exactly. On top of that, Bush is the type of player that causes such mismatches...a half way compotent QB (Orton) to go with Marshall and Bess, and we've got ourselves some real, undeniable punch. Bush just adds so much versatility, especially if we can establish him in the running game. Undefendable. Now we just need to go get the QB.

Listen, Bradshaw is terrific, but he is what he is, a good productive running back. Nothing wrong with that, but I think Daniel Thomas can give us that (no, I'm not saying as well as Bradshaw). Bush, however, gives us a constant home run threat. You bring him on the field and the defense has to know where he is. I don't remember the last time the Fish had that kind of element to their offense...

Its easier to look back after the fact.... but who knows what Bradshaw was asking for.... he got a lot less then he probably expected... after the Dolphins signed Bush, Saints signed Sproles, Bengals resigned Benson.... Redskins traded for Hightower...etc... his demand tanked.....

Reggie Bush--- regarding the draft picks... i believe it was a swap of draft picks...so Fins didnt lose a draft selection.

Reggie Contract

Signing Bonus- 2.5 million

Salary
2011 - 2.5 million
2012 . 4.75 million+ bonus

i believe only the guarantee money is his signing bonus.... so Fins not really taking a big risk with this signing...

Bradshaw was

5 Million dollar signing bonus

2011. 1.5 Million dollars guaranteed
2012 3 million *2.5 of it guaranteed
2013 3.75 million
2014 4 million

plus workout bonuses of $250k in each offseason.

Bradshaw got 9 million dollars in guarantee money.....

I expect Daniel Thomas to be the starter.... RBs are a dime a dozen... save the money for other positions....

Bush in the meantime brings hype, hope..little risk for possible big reward....

The ceiling for Bush is way past that for Bradshaw..just a question if he actually reaches it. Getting out of NO could be just the thing.

Reggie Bush cost the Dolphins a player in Amaya, a draft pick, and $5M per year for 2 years.

Ahmad Bradshaw cost the Giants $4.5M per year for 4 years, no players, no draft picks.

Try and keep up with what is happening and get the whole story before jumping on the 'incompetent FO' bandwagon.

Why do people start stupid threads?

Remember kids, think twice before hitting that submit button.

Why do people start stupid threads?

Remember kids, think twice before hitting that submit button.

Laughable that none of you folks actually looked at the point of the thread. We gave up a player and a draft pick to get Bush - a guy who has never run for more than 600 yards in a season. We could have had Bradshaw, a much better running back with clear big-play ability, without giving up a player or a draft pick. In addition, we paid more on average per season for Reggie Bush.

But, sure, it's a stupid thread. The front office is handling this off-season perfectly.

Some people are blind.

I guess when Bradshaw supposedly comes to the Dolphins seeking D'Angelo Williams money (which there is no proof of, by the way), we hang up the phone and never call back.

Reggie Bush. Darren Sproles. Ahmad Bradshaw. all got almost identical deals.

I am a bigger reggie bush hater, however, you cant compare the deals of Reggie and Ahmad because at the time when we would have had to pull the trigger on bradshaw, his price tag was much higher, and only had to take that amount because the market literally shut off and he lost all his leverage.

having that said.

In order of players, we got the 3rd out of 3 that any competent person can see. and gave up the most for him.

Anyone who wants to believe the quasi fantasy that Reggie Bush will somehow become durable and effective now that he left the perfect system for him, in perfect conditions with the perfect quarterback and instead puts on aqua and orange is in dire need of a reality check.

It created buzz, and according to Kdawg, the ladies are loving it... but from a football standpoint... we **** the bed. again.

I must agree. I think Bush has more big plays than Sproles but Sproles is much more durable. But I have been getting ripped by Saints fans because we traded for a guy they were getting ready to cut and we had the option of signing the guy they signed to replace him without giving up any picks. Plus I get to see Ingram run hard in camp. We can only wait and hope like Tony and Jeff are hoping that Reggie is ready to play and really needed that change of scenery. Thus far he's been more concerned about what goes on off the field more than what happens on gameday.

I am convinced that Ross pushed Jeff into making Reggie a Dolphin for what he thinks is more 'star' power.

Back
Top Bottom