But......but...but. The OLINE | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

But......but...but. The OLINE

What say you now?
I think you got to witness what a real OL looked like. The Chargers were able to average 5+ yards per carry on 1st down. Our OL forced us to create a game plan based on getting rid of the ball within 2 seconds, and running only when it was unexpected. Today's game was fun, but we need our OL to improve or Tua won't make it a whole season. Tua bailed out Jackson several times by getting the ball out as soon as he hit his back foot. Jackson was beat off the snap quite a few times. Before the game I felt better about our backup LT than I felt about our starting RT, and feel more that way now than I did then.

I say I withheld judgement until I saw the product and was happily impressed. Many many posters saying Grier **** the bed when he chuckled at people at the mic about being concerned about the OL.

Sup now chuckleheads?
Yeah after the first quarter it's not like they didn't know we were calling pass 90 percent of the time.

What say you now?
Color me pleasantly surprised. Conner Williams needs to sort out his snapping issues, but otherwise, very good performance vs strong pass rushers Khalil Mack & Joey Bosa.

Two things can be true… the Oline could’ve exceeded expectations and Chargers underwhelmed expectations.

Tua’s masterful play has to factor into the Oline performance as well.

Next up a very tuff NE defense.

I was actually on the opposite end....the first fumble on Williams, the second on Tua.
I played center from Pop Warner through senior year of HS. Just because you snapped the ball doesn’t mean you did it right. It’s like a holder angling the laces into the kickers shoe; if you deliver the ball with the wrong orientation it will bounce right off the QB’s hands.

First off, the line did their job today. That being said, the Chargers did not bring a lot of pressure most of the game. That 3rd and 10, 47 yard dime to Hill…3 rushers and 8 men dropped into coverage. Tua getting the ball out in 2 seconds forced the Chargers to drop more guys into coverage all game. The point I am making is that our staff created a gameplan to hide our weakest unit and it worked because Tua was lighting their secondary up.

Sorry, the ball hit Tua in the hands when he was under center. Tua must secure that ball.

The shotgun snap was low, and should be managed but I'll blame the center for 50% of the one.
Yeah, Tua deserves at least half the blame for all the fumbles.

Guys, the Oline played better...they weren't unbelievable.
Our run game was non existent....RBs couldn't find a hole.

And that was without Armstead. Ajax is going to be good.

Back
Top Bottom