But Do The Players Like Tony; Would They Play Hard For Him? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

But Do The Players Like Tony; Would They Play Hard For Him?

Charlie Rivers

SUPERBOWL BOUND!!
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Those are the important questions because if the answers are YES to both questions, then Tony, and this is really hard to write because I want Cowher as our HC, should stay for JUST ONE YEAR....NO MORE. The players are more important than the fan in this hire. Disagree? I hear ya. But it is what it is.

The players stand by Sparano. It is evident through the locker room speeches Sparano has given. I don't care if Sparano fist pumps for field goals, the man is a motivator and he has a passion about him that seems to rub off on a lot of players (but mostly on the defensive side :lol: )

Players love Sparano and run thru walls for the man. I believe him when he says he can turn this thing around.

Tony Sparano is truly a player's coach. He's the right man for the job.

We are not far away from greatness, people. Just need a couple minor tweaks.

Players love Sparano and run thru walls for the man. I believe him when he says he can turn this thing around.

I don't. Especially after he blames Henne for everything, ruins the o-line, plays for field goals, and has terrible clock management. He better do a lot of things in the offseason. Starting with getting a play maker over drafting lineman.

In my opinion.. a head coach has to be brilliant, creative and unique.. He has to be a professor of the game and the leader of the entire football team.. I dont see Tony as this man.. instead, I see him as nothing more than a figurehead and now that Parcells is gone, he really has no one to turn to for football advice..

So yeah, in my opinion, Tony is doing nothing more than taking up space and what we need is a motivated genius to be the cornerstone of this franchise..

I don't think he's too bad, but I would like to see him after Henning is fired.

Why?? Why waste another year of mediocrity??

The only way he will be considered a "good" coach is if we pick up a decent OC that HE can rely on.. But its the other way around.. EVERYONE on the team should be able to rely on him..

Those are the important questions because if the answers are YES to both questions, then Tony, and this is really hard to write because I want Cowher as our HC, should stay for JUST ONE YEAR....NO MORE. The players are more important than the fan in this hire. Disagree? I hear ya. But it is what it is.

I'd say unequivocably the players like TS, that's one thing that isn't lacking on this team. Just watch some of the after game carrying on in the lockeroom, he defenitely has their attention. Now can he win games with them following him to the field week in and week out, thats what he needs to prove next year.

Yes, i love the way they ran though walls for him in losing to the Browns, Bills, and Lions at home in 22 days. What the hell are you watching?

The players see and feel his passion for the game and for them so they will support him and if they do we should.

Sparano commands the same kind of respect from the players that the almighy and in-demand Cowher commanded from his players. Yet, somehow for Tony, this is bad thing.

When just 10 days ago, him saying Henning did a great job and he'd love to have him back tells me he doesn't have a clue. Everyone but him knew that Bonamego should have been fired last season- it took a nationally televised featured game humiliation this season for Tony to get around to reactively canning him. Good guy the players love (but couldn't the same be said about Wade Phillips?). Even if we can overlook some of his boneheaded gameday decisions and overly conservative philosophy, why would you think this guy has any clue about turning this team around - especially now that he's flying w/o the Parcells coaching safety net? Does he think if we play Henning's style of football better than we have, it'll "turn things around"?

Sorry, I just can't see him proactively upgrading the underlying offensive strategy to better compete in 2012.

Back
Top Bottom