Butch Davis on his way out at UNC? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Butch Davis on his way out at UNC?

Butch Davis is out as the head coach at North Carolina.

The former Miami Hurricanes coach was informed by UNC Chancellor Holden Thorp and Director of Athletics Dick Baddour of the decision Wednesday evening.

The decision was made following a Board of Trustees closed door session.

"To restore confidence in the University of North Carolina and our football program, it's time to make a change," Thorp said in a press release on the school's website. "What started as a purely athletic issue has begun to chip away at this University's reputation. I have been deliberate in my approach to understanding this situation fully, and I have worked to be fair to everyone involved. However, I have lost confidence in our ability to come through this without harming the way people think of this institution. Our academic integrity is paramount and we must work diligently to protect it. The only way to move forward and put this behind us is to make a change."

The football program has been under investigation by the NCAA and received a Notice of Allegations from the NCAA in late June. That noticed accused the program of illegal benefits as well as academic fraud centered around a former assistant coach and tutor.

Last season, 14 players missed at least one game due to the investigations with several more forced to miss the entire year.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/os-butch-davis-fired-north-carolina-20110727,0,7977127.story

So much for big time football at UNC, they were so close.

i knew this was coming, he doomed himself...

and i didnt want to believe the NCAA is selective but the ohio st **** screams BS, if UNC gets hammered so should Ohio St....

i knew this was coming, he doomed himself...

and i didnt want to believe the NCAA is selective but the ohio st **** screams BS, if UNC gets hammered so should Ohio St....

This is why the BOT's at UNC decided to go ahead and fire Butch Davis, in order to avoid the full effect of the NCAA's "hammer" when they come down on 'em in a few months. The same way Ohio St. was able to avoid the hammer by firing Jim Tressel...

I knew Butch was a walking dead man when he hired his "right hand man", John Blake... who was a runner for agents.

UNC's athletic director is next on the chopping block....

This is why the BOT's at UNC decided to go ahead and fire Butch Davis, in order to avoid the full effect of the NCAA's "hammer" when they come down on 'em in a few months. The same way Ohio St. was able to avoid the hammer by firing Jim Tressel...

I knew Butch was a walking dead man when he hired his "right hand man", John Blake... who was a runner for agents.

UNC's athletic director is next on the chopping block....

Yep, I never felt comfortable w/ Blake on the staff.

Back
Top Bottom