Buy or Sell? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Buy or Sell?

ibemacin

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Daunte Culpepper for a 2nd round draft pick like reports say the Vikings want in return? I'm buying!

Buy

With the condition that we can take a knee and see how long he may be out for before we pull the trigger on the trade

I dont thing he will be able to run til late summer time. I think he would be a waste. Id rather draft a young QB and let Gus stick with it for now.

dominizzo said:
Next!!! Culpepper will be a Viking guys

I think he will be somewhere else, after last season and the boat problem, now with him wanting more money, I think they will let him go and try to start over

Sell..Was never very high on him and he wouldnt even be ready for the start of the season

I'm going to have to sell as well. He's coming off a major injury and will not be able to perform in training camp nor start the season with us. Won't be cleared by doctors untill the middle of the 2006 season, and some say that he shouldn't come back till the 2007 season.

playmaker1 said:
I think he will be somewhere else, after last season and the boat problem, now with him wanting more money, I think they will let him go and try to start over
No, the media is blowing things out of proportion. Daunte said he wants to return as a Viking.

Buy. I wouldnt be interested in taking a huge amount of risks with his knee, but depending on how it looks I'd be happy with a #2. It's a good fit.

DBoston8 said:
Product of a system..

A system we can reproduce. In fact, Miami is using the same general terminology, verbage, etc. that Culpepper used in Minnesota, and I believe the one he used this offseason.

We've got a similiar offensive philosophy as Minnesota did. Miami likes throwing deep agressively. Saban has worked extensively with running quarterbacks like like JaMarcus Russell and Rohan Davey. From the quarterback mold, to the offensive linemen, it's pretty damned close.

Mike Mularkey is a good fit for Culpepper. He knows how to gameplan and run an offensive with a quarterback who has had much worse problems with turnovers and passing decisions then Kordell Stewart. He knows how to run an offense with a mobile QB.

Chris Chambers is not as good as Randy Moss, but he's still a Pro Bowl quality WR who excels at the same kind of things and plays with the same general style as Moss.

Not to mention we've got more quality offensive skill players besides the #1, unlike Minnesota did.

Selling. He makes too much and has not proved anything without Randy Moss! The injury did not help him any either

Yeah I'll buy him for a 2nd, then sell him off for a 1st and some other compensation like they are now reporting.

He isn't goin for a 2nd unless he will be playing with a crutch next year.

Selling this though for what the Vikes will actually end up asking for him. Not a big fan of his and we need these draft picks for next couple years to get the team younger.

Go Phins !!!

sell, hes a fumbling machine, he just had several major knee surgeries, hes way overpaid, hes way overrated, and he may not even start the season.

Buy!
Who cares if he doesnt start at the beginning of this year? He can play for another 5 years.

Back
Top Bottom