Buyer beware: The case of O.J. Atogwe | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Buyer beware: The case of O.J. Atogwe

I think basically everyone in the NFL knows OJ has that shoulder injury.

I also know that the guy is a turnover machine. A shoulder injury on a FS is much better then a leg injury, I think he is worth oferring a decent contract if his shoulder can pass a physical. Hell, the guy is a lot better then Rolle or Clark.

Amen to that. The guy just makes plays (even on a crappy Rams team). If the medical staff signs off on him, then go after him. He is one of the top 5 FS's out there and better than either one of the FS we actually tried to get first. Let's not do a Brees repeat here and let a top player pass us by only to regret it in a couple years.

I have confidence in our current doctors and front office. I was one that was all over signing Sharper, only to find his injury was as significant as it was.
Until proven otherwise with the current staff I will continue to drink the kool-aid. Although I don't like the way the Jason Taylor situation went down.

come on lets make this happen.. i'd like my lunch time on sundays to involve henne, oj, and some tuna.. things will seem incognito with head butts to opponents but come on.. head butts never effected anyone, just ask holyfield...lol

If he is a FA, several teams will get involved which may cause the Dolphins to back off. Atogwe is not worth the money paid to Rolle (who's IMO is not worth it either) yet some team will undoubtedly want to pay him more then what he is worth.

Mike Berardino actually brought up a good point. There are rumors that Jerry Jones is ready to "back up the Brinks truck" for Atogwe (Mike B's words). They were hot on Earl Thomas' trail and because of the way the draft played out, they didn't get a safety of any import. I think there's a ring of truth in what Mike B says there. Miami won't outbid Jerry Jones for the guy's services, not after already having "backed up the Brinks truck" for Karlos Dansby and Brandon Marshall in the same off season.

In my opinion, Atogwe will be wearing a Rams uniform next year. Unless its proven his shoulder is completely usesless, the Rams have no choice but to pay him on a one year Franchise tag, or 110% of his 2009 salary, whichever is greater. Atogwe has no say here. He may not be, IMO, worth anything close to that amount and he may not be the best in the NFL but the fact still remains, he is a good player. If a new suitable to OJ, contract, is not worked out by Jun 1 do they let a good player just walk and get nothing for him ? Thats the ultimate question here and the Rams have let some pretty good players just walk out the door in the last few years due to the fact the FO and ownership issues are in complete utter turmoil.

Its been a widely thought fact around the league that the Rams FO has been given a firm mandate by current majority owners Chip Rosenbloom and Lucia Rodriques, NOT TO SPEND ANYMORE THEN IS NECESSARY to keep the team in business. The team has been up for sale for two years now with no takers until just recently. Stan Kroenke who has 40% share , along with rights of first refusal on any sale, just walked out of the closet and shot down the proposed sale to a guy named Khan. Problem is , Kroenke also owns the Denver Nuggets, Denver Avalanche , along with owning the Pepsi center outright that both clubs play in. That violates cross ownership rules. Kroenke said he will sell the Rams to his wife, who's family, owns and operates Wallmart. League called foul there. In short, its a mess but money or no money, the way I see it the Rams are forced to franchise tag this guy again because even as bad as they are and as many bad decisions that have been made on that Organization in the last three years, they simply cannot let a good player just walk out the door. That would be a sign to many fans the Organization is still major screwed up and would keep more fannies out of the seats.

Rams already faced many home game blackouts last year, they do not want more of them. Sorry to Ramble but no way I see them letting OJ just walk out the door and recieve nothing in return if he is healthy. I believe thats why not movement by other teams has been heard about. Teams interested are waiting to see what the Rams next move is.

We are talking about a position that is nearly irrelevant to a shoulder injury. He's not throwing the ball. Maybe you could concern it with tackling but thats it. If he's a ball hawk like his history proves than thats what we need in our secondary.

FS do not make tackles from odd positions and hit their man so he goes out of bounds ? A shoulder issue IMO, is a concern regardless of the position played. He sure injured it doing something and injured it so bad he needed surgery. So yes, a FS uses his shoulders.

Here is a perfect example of why shoulders are important even on a FS.

OJ.jpg

Back
Top Bottom