Buzz: Marino More Involved with MIA Personnel Decisions | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Buzz: Marino More Involved with MIA Personnel Decisions

Dan could have the VP/John Elway type power over the Dolphins with the snap of his fingers. Ross would get rid of Tannebaum so quick if Dan wanted to be the czar. I hope he gets the itch to take over.

Dan could have the VP/John Elway type power over the Dolphins with the snap of his fingers. Ross would get rid of Tannebaum so quick if Dan wanted to be the czar. I hope he gets the itch to take over.

With all due respect to Dan, who is my favorite Dolphin of all, what has he actually done to earn that title? Elway earned his training wheels in the AFL as a co-owner and CEO of a successful team and then into the VP of football ops with Denver. People around here always complain about hiring a coach with no experience as the head man but are ready to turn the keys to football ops over to a guy with ZERO experience on the football management side. If he puts effort into, learns and grows into the role, I'm all for it but it would take time.

Being the best QB the Fins have ever had does not a GM make.

Dan is definitely on the rise in Tannenbaum's structure. Whether or not it is a good thing is to be determined. Either way it it is good for Dan to get experience now because I believe he has a permanent spot in the Dolphins front office. He is the one guy that is immune if the current regime fails.

Jason Cole article....and people believe it. LOL.

Jason Cole article....and people believe it. LOL.

I didn't read it but I do believe Dan is getting more responsibility as time goes on. This is not the first time we have heard about Marino's role being expanded. He is always there, around every corner and he is in that core group that has Ross' ear.

Let's not get carried away. Dan may have been a savant on the field, but a mediocre commentator afterwards, never showing much motivation to dive in when he had a tangible chance. We love Dan, but comparing his communications Pitt Degree to Elway's Stanford Economics degree and his working class dad to Elway growing up with a father who coached championship high school in California football and college football is not a valid one for anyone anticipating he could emulate Elway's results. Not apples to apples. Sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:

I seriously doubt it. The difference between Tannebaum and Mario is that one of them is willing to nurse on Ross' testicles to get whatever power he wants, and the other is not. Ross likes his boys nice and moist, so we're seeing how that is playing out.

Back
Top Bottom