Buzz on Grimes | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Buzz on Grimes

Digital

Starter
Club Member
Reaction score
Barry Jackson has a new Sports Buzz article up on Brent Grimes at http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sports-buzz/ and here is a snipet:

"Don't underestimate how solid Grimes was before the injury. In 2011, Pro Football Focus ranked his play third among cornerbacks, behind only Darrelle Revis and Cortland Finnegan. Quarterbacks had only a 62.9 rating when throwing into his coverage area, completing just 44.6 percent of the passes thrown against him (25 for 56) for a 10.3 average yards per completion. He allowed two touchdowns and had one interception.

Sean Smith, whom Grimes is essentially replacing, was ranked 105th by PFF in 2011 and 74th last year."

He's probably my favorite signing this offseason. The fact that people think we overpaid is ludicrous. Exactly what this team needed and puts us (on paper) as in the thick of the playoff discussion.

Reading Atlanta's message boards, they seem to be incredibly amazingly happy that the wife of Grimes Miko or something is gone. I hope she isn't a cod in the wheel whatever she is up too.

He's probably my favorite signing this offseason. The fact that people think we overpaid is ludicrous. Exactly what this team needed and puts us (on paper) as in the thick of the playoff discussion.

The human race is filled with many idiots. Let idiots be idiots. Makes life easier for the rest of us. These are the same idiots that will be saying we should have signed him to a long term more lucrative deal after this season.​

Last edited by a moderator:
I am happy we signed Grimes, but we need to draft 2 young corners..
Grimes is just a 2 year bandaid.

I am happy we signed Grimes, but we need to draft 2 young corners..
Grimes is just a 2 year bandaid.

He's 29 so if he maintains good health it could be longer. Fact is though, he signed a one year contract. Could be gone after one season so they definitely need to have a plan in place to be prepared for his potential departure...

The best part about this signing is it frees us up to take BPA in the draft. Now we're not forced to take a guy (Xavier Rhoades) whomdoesnt fit out scheme just cause hes the best CB left on the board.

I was worried that losing Smith was going to be a big loss because CB's are so hard to find. However, I think they found a suitable replacement

Reading Atlanta's message boards, they seem to be incredibly amazingly happy that the wife of Grimes Miko or something is gone. I hope she isn't a cod in the wheel whatever she is up too.

His wife Miko is also his agent, if memory serves. Didn't she tweet about looking for a good taco place when they came to talk with the team? She wouldn't be the first agent or family member to tick off a team and community, lol.

imho if we would have paid 7 mil for a 1 year and made it to the playoffs or the SB it would have been worth it , money is nothing to have if were not going anywhere , imo i would gladly over pay if it meant makin the playoffs or SB , LOOK AT REVIS CONTRACT , and grimes is as close to being the 2nd best CB last year , 5 1/2 mil is nothing if it means signing grimes gets us closer to where we want to be , and if indeed Grimes gets bk to 100% healthy and is able to prove himself , then i think he would be the best offseason addition so far. i just hope after the season we can afford to keep him in tacked .

With the Grimes signing, I'm hoping we go Austin, Eifert, OT, or trade back.

Back
Top Bottom