Buzz on Grimes | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Buzz on Grimes

I freaking love this signing more and more! Just for fun this is what I'd do for a 53 man roster next season haha:

POS Starter Backup 3rd String 4th String
QB Ryan Tannehill Matt Moore Pat Devlin
RB Lamar Miller Zac Stacy* Marcus Thigpen
FB Jorvorskie Lane
WR1 Mike Wallace Brandon Gibson Rishard Mathews
WR2 Brian Hartline Quinton Patton*
TE Dustin Keller Travis Kelce* Charles Clay
LT Jonathon Martin Will Yeatman
LG Richie Incognito Hugh Thornton
C Mike Pouncey Josh Samuda
RG Lance Louis Nate Garner
RT Eric Winston John Jerry

DE Cameron Wake Olivier Vernon
DT Randy Starks Vaughn Martin Kwame Geathers*
DT Paul Soliai Kheeston Randall
DE Bjoern Werner* Jared Odrick
WLB Phillip Wheeler Josh Kaddu
MLB Dannell Ellerbe Jason Trusnik
SLB Koa Misi Jonathon Freeny
CB1 Brent Grimes Dmitri Patterson Nolan Carroll
CB2 Johnthan Banks* Jordan Poyer Julian Posey
FS Chris Clemons Bacarri Rambo* Kelcie McCray
SS Reshad Jones

K Caleb Sturgis*
P Brandon Fields
LS John Denney

The way I look at it our only glaring hole now is RT (although I'm skeptical about Martin as a prospect overall). I'd also consider DE a need because I'd prefer to shift Odrick inside to give us more options on the interior come next offseason, but I don't think the FO sees it the same way. So that just leaves some secondary needs, like a big tight end who can help in the redzone/block, a cheaper rookie kicker, and a between the tackles running back. This team is getting me excited, I like Marshall too, but only as a boundary corner, so with a big body corner in the mix I think Patterson is a better fit as a slot corner on a restructuring. Solid depth pretty much across the board.

He's probably my favorite signing this offseason. The fact that people think we overpaid is ludicrous. Exactly what this team needed and puts us (on paper) as in the thick of the playoff discussion.

Haha you'd have to be insane to think we overpaid for Grimes

Good risk/reward pick. Would you have wanted smith for the contract he signed instead. Seems like grimes matches up better against a wider array of wr's than smith. Get us a stud DE opposite Wake, and we will have some of the best corners in the league....... Happy Easter everyone

The best part about this signing is it frees us up to take BPA in the draft. Now we're not forced to take a guy (Xavier Rhoades) whomdoesnt fit out scheme just cause hes the best CB left on the board.

WOW!! what you just said!!!

ok, you say we are in position to take BEST PLAYER. then you want the guy who doesnt fit our scheme, isn't the best cb [thats trufant, xavier isnt in the same ball park] and isnt even the BEST player that would be there?

WANNY!! STOP LURKING THE FINZ BOARDS!!

that would be TAVON AUSTIN who is a much better wr than rhodes is a db and has MASS more value with the ability to be an ace rb, kr/pr, etc... .

TRUFANT is a ball hawk and better all around cover guy, better range and more versatile to different schemes. rhodes has to go to a SPECIFIC type of defensive scheme to play to his limited strengths. you can get great production out of trufant in almost any scheme.

if there going BPA with guys who most likely could be there at #12, that would be [in order] AUSTIN, TRUFANT, EIFERT, WARMACK/COOPER.

trufant is a faster SAM MADISON. my choice, should they be there, is austin or trufant. i would be estatic with either one and real happy with eifert. we need guards in the worst way, both warmack and cooper are sure fire pro bowlers and i wouldnt be down if they took either #12.

guards are usually not taken that high, but, if we take one of those guards and he is an INSTANT pro bowler, then he is worth the spot. ANY player from almost ANY position is worth a high 1st rounder if they are instant starters and 1st year pro bowlers.

xavier rhodes does not have the versatile skills to be a pic #12 selection. wont be an instant pro bowl player.

Back
Top Bottom