Buzz: Rizzi and Rodgers to remain on staff, everyone else likely gone | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Buzz: Rizzi and Rodgers to remain on staff, everyone else likely gone

The only other coach I hope stays is Bryan Cox. Guy is a fiery competitor and can teach LBs the game and techniques

Not sure I agree with this. I was very underwhelmed with what the linebacking corp as a whole did this past season. Might be as much Mike Nolan, but I didn't see improvement anywhere along that corp, especially the younger guys that should be the ones that benefit from a good position coach.

There were two guys I wanted to remain on staff. They were Kacy Rodgers and Karl Dorrell. I hadn't really considered Darren Rizzi, but to be honest, his STs unit on a compilation basis was pretty good...so I'm good with that. I'm happy that Philbin went ahead and kept one of the two I wanted to keep, especially since that one is on defense. Keeping Dorrell became less of a priority once it was decided that Philbin was the guy...but nonetheless, I'm sad to see him go. I think he's a great coach and I think Miami would be better off if he stayed.

I will say, it was nice not seeing us lose games due to special teams each and every weekend. I would say that's a very good trend, and one that can be built on.

Back
Top Bottom