By The Bye, 5-6 Wins? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

By The Bye, 5-6 Wins?

So Be

Club Member
Reaction score
The easy part of our schedule is the first half. I believe we have to win at least 5 to be in playoff contention. Can we do that?

The easy part of our schedule is the first half. I believe we have to win at least 5 to be in playoff contention. Can we do that?

I not so confident we can. Our offensive line could be a disaster. If the line cant do their job it will a long season yet a again.

There lies the key. "Hulk" has more talent, but needs to get it to gel QUICKLY. LG is a major concern. I do believe the rest of the line will do well, just hope it'e sooner as opposed to later like the past two years.

Assuming wins in the NFL is a good way to get disappointed.

An unnamed team with Super Bowl aspirations opened the first part of their season with the following teams on it's schedule: BUF, TEN, NYJ, GB, and HOU (all teams expected to be bottom feeders). Guess how many games they won? :err:

Assuming wins in the NFL is a good way to get disappointed.

An unnamed team with Super Bowl aspirations opened the first part of their season with the following teams on it's schedule: BUF, TEN, NYJ, GB, and HOU (all teams expected to be bottom feeders). Guess how many games they won? :err:

I assume nothing, other than week #1. I just asked a question.

However, I do believe we can win 5-6 games in the first half.

I expect our offense to dramatically improve to the middle of the league in effectiveness while our defense might improve because of Porter and another year of playing for our secondary. I expect us to make a strong bid for the playoffs. Injuries are the only thing that worries me since we dont seem to have much quality depth on this team at any position

I deff. think we can win 5. But that being said, because the first half is the easier half i think we need 6 wins. I'm hoping just to go over .500 right now.

I have very little worries about our first half schedule. Our toughest game is a game we are always in right at the end, and a game we usually pull out. IMO, Washington, Oakland, Cleveland, Houston and the NY Giants will all have 6 wins tops. Those are games we have to win and I think we can very well do it along with pulling an upset somewhere in those other 3. I'm going with 6-2 at the break and finishing the year 3-5 or 4-4. 10-6 or 9-7 final record.

We will know if we can do that by the second half of the first game, if T Green is seeing more of the sky then he is of his receivers, we got problems, the O-line won't have been doing there job.

If we see Lemon or Beck starting by game 3.....:beer1:

Miami has alot of "IFS" this season.
If the OL gels early
If RB can find holes and explode thru em
If our WR can catch the ball
If Green plays like a pro-bowl QB
If our secondary can play well
So if some of those happen then we can be lookin at 5-6 wins by the bye

Miami has alot of "IFS" this season.
If the OL gels early
If RB can find holes and explode thru em
If our WR can catch the ball
If Green plays like a pro-bowl QB
If our secondary can play well

If the OL gels early This concerns me
If RB can find holes and explode thru em Check
If our WR can catch the ball Check
If Green plays like a pro-bowl QB Not like a pro bowl QB, but good enough to win
If our secondary can play well They'll be fine, not great, but fine

IMO our whole season depends on our o-line gelling and Green playing well enough to win and if that can happen then I believe we will see Miami back in the playoffs. But those are two very big ifs.

Back
Top Bottom