Bye Bye Nate Wayne...Eagles sign LB Nate Wayne | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bye Bye Nate Wayne...Eagles sign LB Nate Wayne

fins1

Sec 143Row 26 Seats 7,8
Club Member
Reaction score
Bye Bye Nate Wayne

"The Press-Gazette reports free-agent LB Nate Wayne (Packers) probably will sign with either the Philadelphia Eagles or Detroit Lions today, and his agent said he'll make more money this year than the $2.25 million the Packers would have had to pay him. The Packers released Wayne on Monday after he refused to take a pay cut. With the Packers this year, he was due a $750,000 roster bonus, which the team still might owe him, plus a $1.5 million base salary. Wayne visited the Eagles on Tuesday night and Wednesday, and later Wednesday left for Detroit, where he'll meet with new Lions HC Steve Mariucci. "He's going to surpass that ($2.25 million) by far," agent Harold Lewis said. "That was our whole argument (with the Packers). His valuation didn't go down (when he was released), it went up. As it stands right now, he certainly will not be taking a pay cut, I promise you that." Lewis said that Cleveland also has called about Wayne, as has Miami, but it appears unlikely that either is willing to offer a deal that would put them in the running."

Greedy bastard.

Let him go to the Lions and finish out his career with losing seasons.

Originally posted by Gonk
Greedy bastard.

Let him go to the Lions and finish out his career with losing seasons.

Atleast he'll have a better coach and better QB.. :(

Please... All Harrington has done so far is make a lot of money and wish he had those Mike McMahon skills...

Originally posted by poornate
Please... All Harrington has done so far is make a lot of money and wish he had those Mike McMahon skills...

So Fiedler is better than Harrington?!?!?!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hell, I just checked on it and in double digit games Harrington had less than a 60 average qb rating.

Well its hard to take seriously what an agent says to the press with that kind of stuff.

All in all, I severely doubt Nate Wayne's cap figure for 2003 will eclipse $2.25 million. He'll get more than that in the first year but it'll be from signing bonus not base salary. Heck I don't even think guys like Barber, Colvin, and Spikes got $2.25 million base salaries in their first year of contracts they just signed and I know Mike Peterson didn't.

Originally posted by poornate
Hell, I just checked on it and in double digit games Harrington had less than a 60 average qb rating.

He was a rookie with a very bad team. Put him in Fiedlers position I bet he'd do better.

Doubtful. At this point in their careers Fiedler is the better quarterback because he knows a whole lot more about winning. But thats a useless debate, and you're probably only arguing it to stir up the Miami fans anyway.

If the Dolphins actually are considering cutting Rodgers to go after Nate Wayne, then I take it they are putting together a respectable offer for him. I'm still going to closely follow the situation, since the agent's words though said to the press were obviously aimed at teams to get them to ante up for Nate Wayne.

And if you're doing your negotiating with the press and not at the negotiating table, it is not a good sign. Nate Wayne may be closer to Miami than believed.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Doubtful. At this point in their careers Fiedler is the better quarterback because he knows a whole lot more about winning. But thats a useless debate, and you're probably only arguing it to stir up the Miami fans anyway.

Nope , not trying to stir anything .My point is that it's unfair to compare a rookie qb with Fiedler and the players he has arround him.

Your consistent top 5 D had major effects with Fiedlers success even when he was throwing practically 2 INT's/per game . Flutie was 21-9 as a starter even when we could only score 13 ppg. He shouldn't get all the credit for those wins. Team should.

Its just as unfair to call Harrington a better QB than Fiedler then.

In 2000 Fiedler was throwing to Leslie Shepherd, Oronde Gadsden, and Hunter Goodwin...with Lamar Smith running the ball extremely inconsistently, and he still performed better than Harrington did this year.

You don't want to talk about winning because its a team game? Fine, talk about stats, which are CLEARLY in Jay Fiedler's favor as well as winning record.

Is Harrington a better QB now than Jay Fiedler? NO.

Will he eventually be? Probably.

I guess he didn't read the " Miami is the Place to Come " thread or he wouldn't have signed elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom