Bye good or bad? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bye good or bad?

FinsFan74

Cement Shoes Distributor
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Do you all think that the bye will affect our performance on Sunday positively or negatively? I hope the momentum we seized in the last few weeks wasn't squandered by it!

Last year we played the Chargers at home after the bye. And the coaching staff had the team very well prepared.

We were by far the more physical team.. Rivers had a bad day. The chargers couldn't run the ball. We owned time of possession 37 mins to 23.

Ronnie Brown and our running game had a good day. the passing game was there too.

We won by 7 but it should have been by a lot more.

We played a great hard physical game after the bye. On both sides of the ball.

The situation this week is the same.. We had a bye after the big New England win last year.. This bye week period we are coming off a big win against a division rival, with another offensive showcase performance that everyone in the media is talking about.

I think it will be a big help this week. They re in a different conference so we will need the extra time to prepare since we are not as familiar with the Saints as other teams.

I know it helps with injuries, I just hope the team doesn't get complacent against a great team. I think it will be beneficial though

I think a lot has to do with the schedule after the bye week. This year if there was one team we face I want a extra week to get healthy and prepare for it is the Saints. It gives our young corners extra film time to prepare, it gives guys like Porter time to rest nagging injuries.

Sorry finsfan74.. There is no chance that this team gets complacent now.

We are just getting our groove on.

One good thing is that Miami scores a lot of points at home. Of the 3 home games this year Miami has averaged about 31 points per game.

If I am on another team, I wouldn't want to walk into Miami at this time, with the Dolphins playing at a high level of confidence and swagger.

I think tony knows SP pretty well...they will be well prepared for this game in my opinion.

Well, to finally answer the question, it's good.

is it just me or has our bye week came EARLY for like the last 7 years straight??? Late bye weeks are always better as more players are banged up by then...

is it just me or has our bye week came EARLY for like the last 7 years straight??? Late bye weeks are always better as more players are banged up by then...

Last year Miami went 10-3 after the Bye.

And it was earlier than this year.. The Bye was after week 3 last year, as opposed to after week 5 this year.

The Saints are going to be tough and I don't think it would matter whether we had one week or two to prepare for them. I think good teams are able to win at any time of the year. The Phins have been at home for the entire month of October so they should be well rested. I don't think the team will come out flat....the Phins should be fired up that they can earn a lot of respect if they can beat an unbeaten team.

If we were playing lets say a mid level team like the 49ers, packers cowboys then i think the bye would take momentum away but we are playing one of the best teams in the NFL and an extra week of prep should help us.

i think it is good....simply because it gives Henne 2 weeks of prep time and an extra "free" week to work with first team and build a rapport with his receivers.

and def good for our D they have been running like crazy hopefully they rested up and TB got them prepped to take on this passing attack.

The Saints showed what you can do with a week off now it is our turn to show them.

The BYE came at a PERFECT time.

The Jets game on Monday Night Football allowed the doilphins to get REAL PHYSICAL and go all out and beat them on national TV, knowing that they get a week of rest.

then, we can plan for the toughest opponent of the year in the Saints.

so it was perfect timing.

The BYE came at a PERFECT time.

The Jets game on Monday Night Football allowed the doilphins to get REAL PHYSICAL and go all out and beat them on national TV, knowing that they get a week of rest.

then, we can plan for the toughest opponent of the year in the Saints.

so it was perfect timing.

How can you already crown the saints the toughest opponet on our schedule?? Seems like you've been listening to ESPN too much.. the saints have beat up on some bad teams... their defense is overrated and their offense got shut down by the JETS.

honestly do you think the saints are better than Pitt. and NE?

Back
Top Bottom