Bye Week Adjustments? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bye Week Adjustments?

1. Impliment more screen plays (wr,rb,fb)
2. Counter Trap plays 8
3. Gaffney in the wr rotation.

1. Getting healthy.

2. Establishing another receiving option for Tannehill. We had a Marlon Moore sighting, but can he be the guy? I think a healthy Gaffney that knows this offense would have a big impact. RT needs as many passing options as he can right now with the running game as bad as it is. Speaking of which...

3. Get the running game going again. I don't know why everyone started a Reggie chant yesterday. He's picking the wrong lanes everytime he gets the ball, and is showing 0 patience right now. Give miller some more touches.

4. Figure out how to dismantle the Jets. I think he'll stress discipline to the players this week, as the Jets are going to pull out every trick in the book. Don't let yourself be fooled by a fake punt, or some Wildcat run with Tebow. Do your job.

how many negative plays have there been from tannehill rolling out? none that i remember. keep doing it until the middle softens up and then mix up runs with play action. i'm not a fan of the shotgun formation more than roughly 35% of the time either. better to have tannehill & bush with a good running start before they do their thing.

also, i'd like to see reggie at the l.o.s. with bess, fasano & hartline while miller is in the backfield. play action and do screens out of that a few times.

unless gaffney learns how to beat press coverage he won't do much. The book is out on him, and it says in big letters "GAFFNEY CANNOT BEAT PRESS COVERAGE"

If in fact that is his weakness (and I'm trusting your input on this one--I, myself, don't know) then the solution is a simple one: anytime GAFFNEY's in the game, he's the "slot" WR, or one of them. 3 WRs? Then HARTLINE's one "End", and FASANO's the other, playing the TE, w/BESS and GAFFNEY as the "slot" WRs. All w/REGGIE as the HB, of course! That should help GAFFNEY beat any "press" coverage. Making HIM the man in motion should help even more. The "scheme" might be all it takes to solve THAT potential weakness. And while I wouldn't expect PARCELLSBALL to make it happen, this ain't PARCELLSBALL...is it? To paraphrase DOROTHY in "The Wizard of Oz", "I don't think we're in SPARANOLAND anymore"!

72, there was 1 bad roll out play, the pick 6 against the jets where he tried to force to Fasano. He is very good in space, and an excellent decision maker. I cant imagine how good we'll be with some explosive talent out there! In the mean time, Sherman keep being aggressive, keep designing those interesting screen plays, we will capitalize on them soon enough. I really am looking forward to Miller time, and its also time to acclimate Egnew.

While Sherman pointed out today that teams are loading up against the run, I still want to see more success pounding the rock. There are two straight opponents out of the bye that are bad vs. the run in the Jets and Colts. While Tannehill is doing good work, I still want to take pressure off of him by being effective running the ball. Finally, I feel the O-line run blocks best.

The last three weeks we have not got a ton going on the ground. I will certainly tip my cap to the Cardinals, Bengals and Rams for being quality front sevens. However, we need more production in the run game.

They are saying..."Make Tannehill Beat us"

Thing is......He IS

Getting HEalthy is the top priority... The run game will get better when Bush is fully healthy. The pass defense needs to be tweeked and it will help getting Marshal back healthy...

I like the idea of them running no huddle with Hartline, Bess, Fasano, Bush and Clay

allows them to play in the most formations. Can run with a lead blocker I-form or line up 5 or 4 wide with a blocker in the backfield, or 2rb shotgun. Good for keeping the other team off balance When they can't substitute.

We in general need to get the running game back to where we continue our throat f@ck of the Jets from last month. That's key to set up PA and PA roll outs to the wide side of the field so tannehill can let his cannon shine on a pass to Hartline running the flag.

I feel like Dansby will need to have a solid game week 8 and beyond.

Find a trading partner for jake long. Only pull trigger if we get back a 1st + 2nd.

Gaffney needs to be sleeping with his iPad, tannehill needs his experience.

Consider shopping DT for a 3rd to a desperate team. We need to draft a bruiser to compliment bush and miller anyway, and DT ain't the guy.

Consider trading for Jennings or Bowe: 3rd in 2013 + cond 3rd in 2014 that becomes a 2nd if he's a pro bowler or something performance based. For salary reasons, this deal would be predicated on doing a long deal above, so exceedingly unlikely to happen.

1. Buy Reggie Bush a GPS and install it into his helmet to keep from getting confused as to which endzone he should be running towards.

2. Trying out Chris Clemmons at fullback, since he has the highest 4th down conversion rate on the team...

3. Practice rookie hazing, but use a vet, namely Mr Carpenter. I say they should duct tape him to the goal post during practice and let players take turns beating the hell out of him with broom sticks, for us being 3-3 instead of 5-1.

4. Take a team field trip to egg a certain refs house. Gene, you know you deserve it....

What will the Dolphins work on during the bye week?
What points must be addressed (and corrected) during the time off?

My first thought was something I was begging for them to do that final drive on 3rd and 1....play-action roll out with Tannehill. Give him the option to run or pass. There's a VERY good chance this would be successful, much better chance than running Reggie Bush straight up the middle into a brick wall. Just dumb, dumb, dumb. Or qb sneak it again sheesh. Im tired of seeing the Dolphins run the ball with the HB straight up the gut on 3rd and 1 and get stuffed. The second thing that comes to mind is working on preventing the long pass. There's been very few drives where the opponent just marched down the field. Take the Jets for example, they aren't scoring on us unless we 1)turn it over 2)give up a long pass play

Teams are loading up on the run against Miami and blitzing.....so it would be obvious that they should be working on short pass plays to defeat the blitz.

I would like to Bush and Lane getting more involved, and another thing would be working on Lamar Millers pass protect so he can become an asset to the running game.

Back
Top Bottom