Bye Week | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bye Week

Regulus

Super Donator
Reaction score
At least we have the bye week coming up. I know it leaves a bitter taste but we need it now to get healthy on D and work out the kinks in the offense. This is a process and we are still in a good position for a successful season.

What is your definition of a successful season? Winning record? Playoffs?

I'm more interested in building an organization that is consistently good. Sometimes you sell your soul for one "good" season and pay for it with three or four bad ones. Right now, this is a mediocre team in a league filled with them. I'd rather be building for prolonged success that feeling good about beating average teams by the skin of my teeth. That's a false euphoria.

How do you work out the "kinks" when your offensive lineman should be mowing lawns? Martin, Clabo, and Jerry flat out suck. How exactly do you work out the kinks with them?

What is your definition of a successful season? Winning record? Playoffs?

I'm more interested in building an organization that is consistently good. Sometimes you sell your soul for one "good" season and pay for it with three or four bad ones. Right now, this is a mediocre team in a league filled wmpeith them. I'd rather be building for prolonged success that feeling good about beating average teams by the skin of my teeth. That's a false euphoria.
o

And that's what we're doing. We have a healthy cap going into the offseason. A young QB. And a maybe mediocre but competitive team. Philbins eye is clearly on the long term, Ross has even stressed it several times. Nobody is looking for the one and done.

Getting healthy on D is key, sitting Wake was wise, he obviously isn't ready. Man we need to sort out the O line and I'd try and trade for Maurice Jones-Drew as Miller isn't cutting it...schedule gets easier now...

Back
Top Bottom