"call me crazy" mock #3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"call me crazy" mock #3

kpcane

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Houston - Reggie Bush. We can think Houston would fill a bigger need by grabbing Williams or Ferguson, but they have to get an impact player this year if they ever expect David Carr to develop.

New Orleans - A.J. Hawk. Mario Williams makes no sense here to me. I could see Ferguson here, but in the end Hawk fills the biggest need, and may be the best prospect of the 3.

Tennessee - Jay Cutler. How many times do you hear the saying "the NFL is a business"? The best way to get fan support is to get the local guy. All 3 QB's have serious, serious questions. At least it'll help with season ticket sales if they got the kid from Vandy.

NYJ - Mario Williams. I was real tempted to pick Leinart for them, considering the new york mentality. But I think Mangini will have a say, and grab this beast to help out his defense with the departure of Abraham.

GB - D'Brickashaw Ferguson. BPA at this point. Keep Favre or Rodgers on their feet for awhile.

S.F. - Michael Huff. I keep telling everybody...they have Eric Johnson. Nolan is a defensive minded guy, and Huff would fit in very nicely here.

Oak - Vernon Davis. Do they draft Leinart or Young here? Maybe. But they just got Aaron Brooks, and if Al Davis thinks that he has something with Brooks, he might just get him the second best offensive weapon in the draft.

Buf - Winston Justice. So many problems...so little time for the Bills. Fills a big need.

Detroit - Matt Leinart. Millen loves things in 3's. 3 WR's and 3 QB's. Leinart will solidify the QB position in Detroit in ways they never dreamed of. Or else he'll just become a Lion.

Arizona - Vince Young. They need a young (no pun intended) QB, and one of the top 3 is available, so it makes sense.

St. Louis - Bunkley.

Cleveland - Ngata

Baltimore - Wimbley

Philly - Santonio Holmes

Denver - Chad Jackson

Miami - Manny Lawson

kpcane said:
Houston - Reggie Bush. We can think Houston would fill a bigger need by grabbing Williams or Ferguson, but they have to get an impact player this year if they ever expect David Carr to develop.

New Orleans - A.J. Hawk. Mario Williams makes no sense here to me. I could see Ferguson here, but in the end Hawk fills the biggest need, and may be the best prospect of the 3.

Tennessee - Jay Cutler. How many times do you hear the saying "the NFL is a business"? The best way to get fan support is to get the local guy. All 3 QB's have serious, serious questions. At least it'll help with season ticket sales if they got the kid from Vandy.

NYJ - Mario Williams. I was real tempted to pick Leinart for them, considering the new york mentality. But I think Mangini will have a say, and grab this beast to help out his defense with the departure of Abraham.

GB - D'Brickashaw Ferguson. BPA at this point. Keep Favre or Rodgers on their feet for awhile.

S.F. - Michael Huff. I keep telling everybody...they have Eric Johnson. Nolan is a defensive minded guy, and Huff would fit in very nicely here.

Oak - Vernon Davis. Do they draft Leinart or Young here? Maybe. But they just got Aaron Brooks, and if Al Davis thinks that he has something with Brooks, he might just get him the second best offensive weapon in the draft.

Buf - Winston Justice. So many problems...so little time for the Bills. Fills a big need.

Detroit - Matt Leinart. Millen loves things in 3's. 3 WR's and 3 QB's. Leinart will solidify the QB position in Detroit in ways they never dreamed of. Or else he'll just become a Lion.

Arizona - Vince Young. They need a young (no pun intended) QB, and one of the top 3 is available, so it makes sense.

St. Louis - Bunkley.

Cleveland - Ngata

Baltimore - Wimbley

Philly - Santonio Holmes

Denver - Chad Jackson

Miami - Manny Lawson

kpcane i highly doubt the packers draft a LT since their LT Chad Clifton is still young but otherwise good mock:wink:

if the titans really wanted to sell tickets they'd draft leinart or young. it's not like cutler is a local hero, like if they drafted peyton manning out of tennessee. no way will cutler sell tickets because he's cutler.

I don't think Leinart will fall that far...I think Vince Young could be substituted around the time that Detroit picks....I think Young could
end up in Arizona. I am hoping Santonio Holmes is still there when we
pick, if not take Chad J.

UF Fin Kat said:
if the titans really wanted to sell tickets they'd draft leinart or young. it's not like cutler is a local hero, like if they drafted peyton manning out of tennessee. no way will cutler sell tickets because he's cutler.

ever been to tennessee?

yes i have. and i just visited the titans message board. without a doubt they want young and leinart more.

well we must know 2 different tennessee's. I can't say anything about their message board, because I don't know what type of people are on there. But I don't think you'd hear too many boo's if Cutler's name is called at 3. I wasn't really serious at first, but the more I think about it, the more Cutler makes sense for the Titans. I also think Leinart has the greatest chance of falling, and he could fall to us. i don't think young gets past the cards.

I think the first 5 picks are pretty much set:
1.Bush
2.Ferguson
3.Leinart
4.Williams
5.Hawk
After that it depends on what SF and Oakland will do.
Does SF take Huff or VDavis.
Does Oakland take Young or Cutler or Huff?
The next group will be:
Ngata, Bunkley, Wimberly, Justice.

Then comes the players that have varied opinions: Sims, Holmes, Jackson, Lawson, Allen, Williams and Whitner.
Who Saban likes is a mystery.

kpcane said:
well we must know 2 different tennessee's. I can't say anything about their message board, because I don't know what type of people are on there. But I don't think you'd hear too many boo's if Cutler's name is called at 3. I wasn't really serious at first, but the more I think about it, the more Cutler makes sense for the Titans. I also think Leinart has the greatest chance of falling, and he could fall to us. i don't think young gets past the cards.
leinart is guaranteed to be the first QB taken. there is a 0% chance that he falls out of the top 10.

UF Fin Kat said:
leinart is guaranteed to be the first QB taken. there is a 0% chance that he falls out of the top 10.

No guarantees when it comes to the draft.

I don't see Hawk going 2. If Saints take him it'll be after a trade down. If the Jets allow Leinart to get by them at 4 they will commit public suicide. Lawson at 16 is far from a value pick and quite a reach.

I can not see Leinart falling that far but you make decent points for your picks!

UF Fin Kat said:
leinart is guaranteed to be the first QB taken.

That's a ballsy assertion with everyone talking about Young going to the Titans. If this was last year's draft, that would be a good guarantee...this year...not so much.

CubanCulebra said:
I don't see Hawk going 2. If Saints take him it'll be after a trade down. If the Jets allow Leinart to get by them at 4 they will commit public suicide. Lawson at 16 is far from a value pick and quite a reach.

I hope they take Leinart, but if they want to build a successful franchise, they'll take Williams or Ferguson. I don't think Pennington will ever recover, but there's a chance. Ramsey may not become the QB they're looking for, but there's a chance. There's no chance that Abraham is coming back, and they could use a franchise LT. It makes the most sense for them to pass on a QB this year.

Back
Top Bottom