Can Miami Be Onto Something??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can Miami Be Onto Something???

dnr3131

Active Roster
Reaction score
Is Drake for real? Can Drake become our feature back in '18? Can Darke, who has had injury concerns coming out of college stay healthy through a entire season? Can Drake handle 200+ carries in '18. (boy, I do like his explosiveness, nice when Drake gets into the open and you know they aren't going to catch him)!

Is there a starting spot for Stephone Anthony in the LBer unit in "18? After all, he is our best cover LBer by far already. Does that relegate Kiko (really struggled this season, imo) to a back-up role. Anthony's best position is the "Will" LBer. Can't imagine Kiko being kicked inside next season, as that spot should be occupied by McMillan. Not to mention the Chase Allen, where does he fit in, because he has really played well for a rookie. Unfortunately, I don't think anyone one of them are "Sam" LBer material. Possible trade one of them, and not McMillan or Allen. Maybe Anthony can play "Sam", how nice would that be?

Is Jesse Davis our Right tackle in '18. If so, Miami can save 9.3 million for next season (nice chunk of change for a stud guard and or center). Davis is plenty big enough. Hope that Bushrod plays the remaining 4 games to allow Davis to play RT and give Miami a better evaluation to end the season.

Cameron Malveaux? Who is he, can he remain? He did get 1 less snap than Wake and held his own vs the Broncos in his first NFL appearance. He did have a relative decent career at Houston. He has the size for sure.

Should these scenarios be the case, we could check off RB, RT, Weak Side LBer (not that "Will" was a position of need, but an upgrade is always nice).

These next 4 games could provide not only some insight for the '18 season, but possibly even a glimmer of hope.

I think Miami will find another back to compliment Drake..

Anthony will be either the starting WLB or SLB..Depending on Kiko and Timmons, with a hopefully healthy McMillian manning the MLB

Drake is a compliment to the feature back, until he can prove heathy enough.

Aside from the Chef, all of the LB positions should be considered open.

I love Kenyon Drake, but only a fool would think he could be a bell cow. He needs to improve his blocking and receiving skills and be apart of a tandem or committee.

Dolphins need four good RB's if they are going to be a running team. If Tannehill is QB next year the only way the Dolphins can be successful is to have a great run game. That means acquiring a ridiculous amount of talent at the TE and OL positions. Not easy, perhaps not even possible.

You have to at least do one aspect of the game really well to even have a winning record in the NFL, let alone playoffs.

A better solution is to draft a QB who has Russell Wilson's scrambling and Houdini ability as well as Drew Brees accuracy. Then, all you need is a Royce Freeman and a Jamaal Morrow and your set at RB.

Anthony's best year was as an ILB in a base 3-4. That could happen next year in Miami if the right GM is hired. Uh Umm ....Eliot Wolf.

Coming from the Packers, Wolf may hire coaches that have experience in base 3-4 schemes.

I love Kenyon Drake, but only a fool would think he could be a bell cow. He needs to improve his blocking and receiving skills and be apart of a tandem or committee.

Dolphins need four good RB's if they are going to be a running team. If Tannehill is QB next year the only way the Dolphins can be successful is to have a great run game. That means acquiring a ridiculous amount of talent at the TE and OL positions. Not easy, perhaps not even possible.

You have to at least do one aspect of the game really well to even have a winning record in the NFL, let alone playoffs.

A better solution is to draft a QB who has Russell Wilson's scrambling and Houdini ability as well as Drew Brees accuracy. Then, all you need is a Royce Freeman and a Jamaal Morrow and your set at RB.
Lol, some people will turn any thread into an opportunity to take a shot at Tannehill.

Belichick will make sure Drake is a non-factor on Monday. If Drake can produce despite being shadowed all game, then I’ll get more excited. Right now, Cutler will once again have (try) to exploit one on one matchups downfield for the offense to work.

Drake will make a great #2 and Gase already said that he doesn't really like any one back carrying the whole load. Davis will be a starter at either guard or tackle in 2018 imo
Anthony could be a starter too. It'd be great if those 3 guys can be better next year but even better would be if Harris can play like a first rounder in 2018

Ozzy rules!!

Drake has always had the talent...the one thing he is doing that Ajayi failed to do is listen to what the coach wants him to do. He also has excellent hands and is a guy you want on your roster. I suspect that the team will be adding another back to the room if not two. Gase has said he likes the RB by committee so I would not expect a back early, but Penny out of SDSU seems like a nice fit as well as LJ Scott.

The LBs should change as well and I like the idea of the younger players getting more reps. Getting McMillian back to compete and having the young guys in Allen and Anthony at least gives the unit some athleticism although they are limited in other areas. I would not be surprised to see us draft another OLB early.

The O-line has some good developmental players in Davis and Brendal...both will be in camp fighting for a starting job.

We need a lot this off-season:

• RB's: Draft one and pick-up a free agent. Running back by committee
  • TE's: Keep Fasano for run-blockin, release Julius Thomas. Keep Gray. Draft or pick-up a free agent.
  • Offensive Line: Keep Davis. Get rid of Bushrod and Pouncey (injury hip is a ticking time bomb). Need 2 Guards, center, and swing tackle.
  • Receivers: What to do with Parker and Caroo? What about Jarvis Landry?
  • Defensive Line: All set. Need to restructure Suh. Still too expensive, but could help the team acquire talent elsewhere. Release Branch or restructure his contract.
  • LB's: Having McMillan return will be huge. Send Timmons back to Pittsburgh. Draft another young stud (top 3 picks). Ask to restructure Kiko Alonso since he might be delegated to backup.
  • CB/Safety: We've got 4 young CB's. Each should get better. Safety; draft or free agency to compliment our current guys.
  • QB: Tannehill or bust. Draft a QB in 2nd or 3rd. Will be the backup. Release Moore and his salary, spend elsewhere.
Find a signal caller on Offense. Bring in competition for Hauck.

Drake has always had the talent...the one thing he is doing that Ajayi failed to do is listen to what the coach wants him to do. He also has excellent hands and is a guy you want on your roster. I suspect that the team will be adding another back to the room if not two. Gase has said he likes the RB by committee so I would not expect a back early, but Penny out of SDSU seems like a nice fit as well as LJ Scott.

The LBs should change as well and I like the idea of the younger players getting more reps. Getting McMillian back to compete and having the young guys in Allen and Anthony at least gives the unit some athleticism although they are limited in other areas. I would not be surprised to see us draft another OLB early.

The O-line has some good developmental players in Davis and Brendal...both will be in camp fighting for a starting job.

I pray to God that we get Rashaad Penny. MWC Offensive POY, and 3 time MWC Special Teams POY... kid is a stud!

We need to draft a RB in the second or third round to go along with Drake. Doesn't necessarily need to be a huge short yardage tailback. Someone like Sony Michel would be great. Explosive, yet a tough physical runner. Keeps the defense honest regardless of who is on the field.

I like Anthony too. We haven't had a LB with his cover skills in quite some time. I'm hoping for Anthony, McMillan, and Timmons/Rookie starting at LB next season. Bury Kiko on the depth chart until his contract is cuttable.

We need a lot this off-season:

• RB's: Draft one and pick-up a free agent. Running back by committee
  • TE's: Keep Fasano for run-blockin, release Julius Thomas. Keep Gray. Draft or pick-up a free agent.
  • Offensive Line: Keep Davis. Get rid of Bushrod and Pouncey (injury hip is a ticking time bomb). Need 2 Guards, center, and swing tackle.
  • Receivers: What to do with Parker and Caroo? What about Jarvis Landry?
  • Defensive Line: All set. Need to restructure Suh. Still too expensive, but could help the team acquire talent elsewhere. Release Branch or restructure his contract.
  • LB's: Having McMillan return will be huge. Send Timmons back to Pittsburgh. Draft another young stud (top 3 picks). Ask to restructure Kiko Alonso since he might be delegated to backup.
  • CB/Safety: We've got 4 young CB's. Each should get better. Safety; draft or free agency to compliment our current guys.
  • QB: Tannehill or bust. Draft a QB in 2nd or 3rd. Will be the backup. Release Moore and his salary, spend elsewhere.
Find a signal caller on Offense. Bring in competition for Hauck.
I would said that the D-line is set. Branch is just average. Wake is getting older and slowing down and Harris has ONE sack and 13 tackles all year so drafting a DE is imo a high priority and you shouldn't be surprised if we draft one in the first round again

Ozzy rules!!

Back
Top Bottom