Can This Year Be Worse? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can This Year Be Worse?

FACEMASK01

Practice Squad
Reaction score
We know that pre-season games are'nt suppose to mean much right? what
about a team coming off a 4-12 season? with a new caoch and a new system? these 3 pre-season games this years dolphins team has me a little
worried about our season, the QB's look like last years merry go-around and
we can't seem to show any offensive spark at all besides a play or two. so inclosing this thread I'am concerned that maybe this year will be even worse
then last year from the looks of our first 3 pre-season games!

somebody please talk me out of this thinking!!

Ill try..
1.Our starting D has been performing good especially holding PITT to very few points considering all the turnovers we shoulda been creamed 50-0
2.There really hasnt been alot of schemeing so we still have some tricks up our sleeve
3.It looks like we got 2 steals in Crowder and Daniels
4.Ronnie hasnt even stepped on the field and with ability to run catch and block he should bring some help
5.The shuffling between QBs isnt helping anyone so once we geta starting QB named the confidence and chemestry should get better
6.Our O-line has shown some inprovement from last yr now thats not sayin much ,but with a little more time they may improve more witch will be a big boost
7.Wanny is gone we now have a coach that understands winning and can get the best out of his players
8.Scott Linehan he is a proven O-coordinator that will certainly do a better job than Forrester i mean cmon who is chris forrester anyway
9.**** the bills

it could very well be another 4-12 season but i see alot of things to be optimistic about Wanny is gone and left a mess for Saban to clean up but rest assured Saban has us on the right track and we will be on top where we belong soon.

I listened to the Pittsburgh play-by-play last night, and, right now, the Fishies are look cooked. Sorry, but that's what it sounded like.

** Your defense isn't bad, but it's going to take time for it to adjust to the new system. Was this done because the Fish have more and better linebackers than linemen or was it simply the new DC's preference?

** I think Saban is on a big-time learning curve, the primary thing to learn is that this isn't college football where you can simply plug in whatever QB you haven't used yet. I still think that Fiedler would have made a better QB than what you've got now, but with the decision to go with Ferotte and Feeley, somebody on the coaching staff ought to have made a decision on who's better -- and stick with it.

** The coaching staff's lack of confidence in either QB shows up in the receivers' lack of confidence, ie, too many dropped balls. The Pitt announcers mentioned this repeated -- that Miami looked like a team that had lost confidence in its ability to make plays.

** I have to wonder if the Fish's decision to force Ricky back to the team was the best one in the long term. If he doesn't want to be playing football, he may be more of a problem on the team than he's worth, particularly since the Fish drafted a RB in the first round. Numerous rookie RBs have done well over the years.

I think that the best FishFans can hope for is that the team gets better as the season goes on. I think it's going to be ugly for a while early in the season. :peace:

I'm not saying this because I hate the Dolphins (though I admit that I do, nothing against the fans, players, or organization, but I was taught to hate the Phins from the time I was a small child. If the Phins packed up and moved to LA or something my heart would be warmed) but Miami just does not have a good team. Y'all got some good pieces coming into place. Roth will be good. I think Crowder will be great. Ronnie Brown will be a good back (but get Ricky out of town, he'll only hurt Brown's development). But you're switching offensive and defensive philosophies and have a rookie HC right out of college. I just don't think you guys have the team presently to do anything other than ruin other teams' playoff bids.

Sorry I know it's frustrating to watch your team lose, but watch for improvement this year don't watch for wins. There won't be many.

We are gonna be a good team down the road IMO. But it will take sometime to get good, and this year will be the rebulding year. Next year Saban will sign more if his players to fit the offense and defense.

Hey PhinDude, where in KY do you live? I went to school near Lexington (Wilmore, KY) and live in Louisville, KY now.

Vessel17 said:
Sorry I know it's frustrating to watch your team lose, but watch for improvement this year don't watch for wins. There won't be many.

Hold that thought...it's gonna come back and kick you in the a$$.

Well, this is going to be a "rebuilding" year, let's face it. I know nobody wants to hear that...but I do think we'll see improvements towards the middle of the season. Saban's got some work to do...no team gets to be 4-12 as a fluke.
The O-Line still stinks, but maybe with some good coaching....

Well one "positive"; we may get another high draft pick next year!!!

(Yeah, I don't want to hear that either!!)

Back
Top Bottom