can we please sign or trade for a running back | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

can we please sign or trade for a running back

I look at it like this it cant get any worse with the off season we have had
so good things have got to start happening

rickysux said:
Im just wondering how long is it going to take for us to make a move?
its killing me.:confused:

Actually, I agree with most here, im hoping we dont make a move....This season our chances of winning a SB dropped significantly as soon as Ricky left the team & i dont care what anybody says, thats just reality...can we still win a SB? yes, anything is possible and miracles do happen...but i figure if this season is a dump already, why get desperate and make a dumb move that will sink us even deeper next year....In other words, if things are gonna go bad let them go bad this yr and get it over with.

Maybe the front office is waiting for the Green Bay front office to get itself organized, so we can trade for davenport. If not then i wouldnt mind if we at least checked into james stewart to see if hes healthy and has anything left in the tank.

yea our chances at a sb have dropped but at least we can look foward to chambers
making outstanding catches all year!! cant wait

musk said:
hah making season predictions already w/o one snap? can anyone say premature?

its called a prediction because it hasnt happened yet. Its what I think....relax

edit: my point was that TM will not put up Ricky #s but will still be a decent runner and prolly a better receiver. I think we should stick with him

well predictions on amount of yards he will gain this season is a bold prediction in my book thats why i said what i said. i think everyone would agree w/ you that minor will be a good back but not put up ricky #'s. heck, hardly anyone else in the nfl did it the past 2 seasons. he has big shoes to fill but i think he will fill them adequetly so that we can impose a more balanced offense since we dont have a 1,500 yard rb in the back field.

Who is LD? LaDanian??? He wont be a free agent..

It is a waiting game at this point in the year.

We may not find anyone worth aquiring. Maybe, maybe not. The FO knows to be patient. Its not like people are scrambling to sign anybody at this point in the offseason. This is a game of patients at this point. Speilman knows. He will pursue players that the Dolphins are interested in of higher value via trade and if that doesn't pan out, they will sign an FA. But you wait because there will be FAs available at RB before the end of TC that are not available now with more talent than what is available at this time.

I should know. I stayed at a Holiday Inn last night.

Isn't Edge a UFA next year? We give our O-line a year to come together. Feely a year to learn the system and bring Edge in next year. Let's all pray he does not get hurt this year in Indy.

Forget the move, give Minor his shot along with Morris and Henry. Then if these guys dont step up and get it done this year, next year you go after someone when they arent trying to stick a gun to our head like they would now.

stevec said:
Isn't Edge a UFA next year? We give our O-line a year to come together. Feely a year to learn the system and bring Edge in next year. Let's all pray he does not get hurt this year in Indy.
Yes he is, and so is Shaun Alexander(but Seattle will prolly lock him up ethir thru franchising or just sigining him). I agree, roll with what we got and maybe a FA if he comes cheap, and see if anyone can break out as starter caliber. If not, run for Edge.

rickysux said:
I agree, i love minor and i think henry can step up but they just dont scare
anyone we need a big time rb, i would love d.foster he is a player.

The price to pay for a top notch back at this stage would be too much.(Ogun plus next years 1st) so I say lets pick up some backup FA and give our guys a shot.

Back
Top Bottom