Can Xavien Howard Play the Slot? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can Xavien Howard Play the Slot?

jimlerario

Active Roster
Reaction score
Maybe the plan here with the Cordrea pick is having the luxury of shifting the pieces on the defensive backfield. Matt Burke has the ability to utilize various combination on the back end. We talked about Cordrea's fit in the slot, now what about Howard?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see Howard, Maxwell or Lippett as better options in the slot than McCain. They each seem like pure boundry corners and would have a lot of trouble covering smaller/quicker slot receivers in my opinion. I would like to see what Lafayette Pitts can do in the slot in camp and pre-season too.

Im not sure. He struggles with small shifty recievers which iss what he will see in the slot.

Howard and Tankersley will be our future perimeter CBs.

Lippett could play the slot if McCain can't hold it down.

Miami really likes that FS out of BYU, so I wouldn't be surprised with a flyer with one of our fifths.

No. Xavien is pretty big and physical. He will also probably get bigger in future years. I think the slot is for super speedy players with terrific acceleration. I think it's the wrong role for him. Welcome other opinions...

Howard and Tankersley will be our future perimeter CBs.

Lippett could play the slot if McCain can't hold it down.

Pretty bold predictions since Howard's played what, 5 games. Tank, none at the pro level yet. Wonder how bad Maxwell f****d up to not even be in the mix. Oh wait, it was a numbers game and we dumped him after the year.

Pretty bold predictions since Howard's played what, 5 games. Tank, none at the pro level yet. Wonder how bad Maxwell f****d up to not be in the mix. Oh, wait, it was a numbers game and we dumped him after this year.

:up:

I mean I also see the boundary future as Howard/Tankersley.

For 2017 we will roll with Maxwell early and X and see how it goes but despite some of the good games he had, the leash on Maxwell will be short.

Lippett will continue in a depth roll unless he takes a major jump in year 3. The starting experience last year was invaluable to him.

Back
Top Bottom