can't say i'm a baseball fan....................... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

can't say i'm a baseball fan.......................

Wrong, It has been 95 years since they won the world series. It has been only been 58 years since they were in the series. They lost to Detroit 4 games to 3 in 1945.

How about let's go Marlins...4th lowest salary in the Majors and look where they are.

Originally posted by chisox716
Wrong, It has been 95 years since they won the world series. It has been only been 58 years since they were in the series. They lost to Detroit 4 games to 3 in 1945.
thats what i said, i'm not a baseball fan. they said it has been 95 years since the cubs have won a post season series. i'm 57 so it happened before i was born so who really gives a Flying **** at a rolling donut!

I'm rooting for the Cubbies. I have always like Sosa and I really want to see him win a title. Plus they haven't won in ages.

The way I look it, is you have a million people rooting for the Cubbies not only in Chicago but a lot of people in South Florida too (bunch of frontrunner traitors), so I say who's rooting for the Marlins? Who's rooting for the guys who were told by everyone that they were not suppose to be in the playoffs, that they don't matter, that the Marlins are not a real baseball team? Since I live in Miami and they are representing me and my city I will root for them.

Originally posted by Dolfan02
The way I look it, is you have a million people rooting for the Cubbies not only in Chicago but a lot of people in South Florida too (bunch of frontrunner traitors), so I say who's rooting for the Marlins? Who's rooting for the guys who were told by everyone that they were not suppose to be in the playoffs, that they don't matter, that the Marlins are not a real baseball team? Since I live in Miami and they are representing me and my city I will root for them.
i'm rooting for the cubs. number one, they have gone the longest without a series win and number two, my best friend, leftcoastphin was buried 3 weeks ago in a cubs jersey. i can't think of a better sendoff!:( :rolleyes:

Originally posted by dolfan06
i'm rooting for the cubs. number one, they have gone the longest without a series win and number two, my best friend, leftcoastphin was buried 3 weeks ago in a cubs jersey. i can't think of a better sendoff!:( :rolleyes:

Well its always sad to hear a friend who has passed away, I send my condolences again to you. But just to inform, the Cubs won their last playoff series in 1989, they were in the NLCS. And without a worldseries in 95 years, they are a very very lucky team. They have a billion fans that root for them whether a lose or win (your dearest late friend is an example), the Marlins don't have that luxury.

Well its always sad to hear a friend who has passed away, I send my condolences again to you. But just to inform, the Cubs won their last playoff series in 1989, they were in the NLCS. And without a worldseries in 95 years, they are a very very lucky team. They have a billion fans that root for them whether a lose or win (your dearest late friend is an example), the Marlins don't have that luxury.
in 1989 the cubs lost the playoff series 4 games to 1 to san francisco!:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

Just to clear everything up right here and now with the Cubbies' playoff history.

Last World Series Appearance: 1945
Last World Series Victory: 1908
Last Postseason Series Won (before this season): 1908

Remember, the wild card wasn't put into place until 1995. The Cubs made it in 1998 as the wild card but were swept out by Atlanta. Before then, each League had two divisions. The team with the best record in their division went straight to the League Championship Series. So, in making the playoffs in '84 and '89, the Cubs didn't have to win a playoff series to make the NLCS. Then, to go all the way back to 1945, they didn't even the League Championship Series then. The team with the best record in their League went straight to the World Series.

Anyway, the Cubs are going to take this series. Only 3 times since the LCS started has a team gone up 3-1 only to lose the series. Don't forget that both Prior and Wood are pitching two of the next three games. Marlin fans, your team fought hard, and deserve a lot of credit for getting this far. However, it will be the Cubs who will be carrying the National League pennant this season, their first in 58 years.

LETS GO MARLINS!!!!!! Whats up with all these cubs fans. Did you guys see that one cub fan with neon lights all oevr him? Wheres the rain when you need it!

Originally posted by Kamikaze

Just to clear everything up right here and now with the Cubbies' playoff history.

Last World Series Appearance: 1945
Last World Series Victory: 1908
Last Postseason Series Won (before this season): 1908

Remember, the wild card wasn't put into place until 1995. The Cubs made it in 1998 as the wild card but were swept out by Atlanta. Before then, each League had two divisions. The team with the best record in their division went straight to the League Championship Series. So, in making the playoffs in '84 and '89, the Cubs didn't have to win a playoff series to make the NLCS. Then, to go all the way back to 1945, they didn't even the League Championship Series then. The team with the best record in their League went straight to the World Series.

Anyway, the Cubs are going to take this series. Only 3 times since the LCS started has a team gone up 3-1 only to lose the series. Don't forget that both Prior and Wood are pitching two of the next three games. Marlin fans, your team fought hard, and deserve a lot of credit for getting this far. However, it will be the Cubs who will be carrying the National League pennant this season, their first in 58 years.
thanks for clearing that up. i thought that i'd heard right, plus i have a 2000 sports almanac!;)

The Cubbies only need one more win!

If the Red Sox can win the series against the Yankees we will get the World Series that I have been hoping for.

Back
Top Bottom