Cap number for NFL | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cap number for NFL

and we can be much better off with some smart trades and restructuring and even dumping.

and we can be much better off with some smart trades and restructuring and even dumping.

You rarely ever gain cap room when you trade usually the hit is very big

I think we can be somewhere around 22 mil of free cap money

Well I believe Carter will be gone and hes 6.5 against the cap even though we will not get to much of that back we will still get some money back and there our other people who will restructure and others will get cut!

However with that said did you see how much money people have left! Free agency is going to be overunned with overpaid players I feel especially because a lot of good free agents our going to hit the market I feel!

looks like we can forget the idea of getting Nate Clements as Buffalo has a lot of money to spend... but damn,Id hate to be a Redskin fan, they're over the cap and still finished last in the NFC east

First off the numbers are a bit off as you need to set about 5 million for the rookie pool - mandatory minium for NFL.

That wouldleave about 14.5 million to hire about 11 players to complete the rooster.The veteran minimum is about 1 million so in theory you need to get old veterans who will sign for very low bonuses to complete the rooster.

If the No 1 pick needs a signing bonus of say 7-8 million the cap is screwed and its time to add udfa to fill the rooster.

Now for TC you generally allowed 80 players and you need to pay them something but you have no cap and 53 players not 80!!!

When a player is cut the cap hit nearly the same and then you have to replace him so that is going to cost money again.

Not sure how many contracts you can redo and how much money you can save.

good now cut Carter and Mare than find a team insane enough to pay Chambers the money he is making now so we can trade him. these moves would free up like 10 mil, than we can get Stalleworth, Samuel and Thomas in FA to make for a monster offseason. we'd find a new kicker somewhere, anybody would be cheaper than Mare

i was trying to find out a way to see how many players each team had under contract to get that cap number in perspective... i couldn't find that, but i DID find this...

Whatever the Titans need this off-season to take the next step as a playoff contender, they are in a position to get. The NFL roster size is 53 players. The Titans already have 60 players under contract for 2007 – and they are still $41 million under the projected salary cap of $106 million.

they have 60 people under contract and still that much money, god damn... they should be big players this offseason...

I'd cut Harrington, James, Anderson, Carter, Wilkinson, and Mare. I'd trade Chambers, Booker, and McMichael. Restructure the contracts of Taylor, Thomas, and Culpepper.

The Titans our going to be threats next year if they spend wisely this off-season!

This is pre cut right?
This should be an intresting offseason.

Who would of thought the Redskins would have no money to spend?

I dont know if JT and ZT can restructure again it seems that we ask them every year to do that. Restructing booker would free up alot of room. There are alot of players with back end heavy contracts that say they will be paid X amount but most guyes know that they will never see that amount, that is why the signing bonus is so important.

First off the numbers are a bit off as you need to set about 5 million for the rookie pool - mandatory minium for NFL.

That wouldleave about 14.5 million to hire about 11 players to complete the rooster.The veteran minimum is about 1 million so in theory you need to get old veterans who will sign for very low bonuses to complete the rooster.

If the No 1 pick needs a signing bonus of say 7-8 million the cap is screwed and its time to add udfa to fill the rooster.

Now for TC you generally allowed 80 players and you need to pay them something but you have no cap and 53 players not 80!!!

When a player is cut the cap hit nearly the same and then you have to replace him so that is going to cost money again.

Not sure how many contracts you can redo and how much money you can save.

Well, you are not figuring in the $13mil of cap space we will clear by cutting players such as Carter $4mil if before 3/1, Booker $3.1mil, Harrington $2mil, James $2mil if before 3/1, and Anderson $2mil.

Then, Mckinney $4mil, Zach $8mil, Taylor $9.5mil, Chambers $7.3mil, and Mare $2.1mil will and can all clear a lot of space by restructuring their deals...so we are going to have upward near the $30mil after everything's said and done.

Minus the $5mil for rookie pool of course. So around $25mil to spend.

To sign:

our ERFA(Vickerson, Denney, Eckel) "minimum" salary guys, our RFAs(Bell, Lemon, Jones, Welker) "minimal" salary guys (Lemon has been tendered a $1.3mil offer, so I dont see any other of our RFAs being tendered any more than that much...), and our UFAs (Bowens, Fonoti, Barnes, Traylor, and Minor )...(Bowens should be our most expensive UFA to keep...

and a high priced FA like Adalius Thomas or Eric Steinbach

I'd cut Harrington, James, Anderson, Carter, Wilkinson, and Mare. I'd trade Chambers, Booker, and McMichael. Restructure the contracts of Taylor, Thomas, and Culpepper.

No need to do all that...:shakeno:

Back
Top Bottom