Cap Space? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums
If so it is not something OTC should be doing as it causes confusion and conflicts. Saw the same when Spotrac did it last week with Phins rookie options for 2024. They should both stick to the rules and standards of capology. Just my view.
They can only do what they have the details for. Even though some of these deals are announced, the details of the contracts are not.

Anyways, rules for a non NFL affiliated website????

nah, I actually love that they're doing it cause at least we know where we stand.....the FO knows where we stand anyway which is what really matters but if they weren’t doing this we'd be going crazy trying to figure out what we have to work with.
Have to disagree. CBS, NFL and PFF have all stressed to fans that these are NOT done deals until the 15th and players can back out as has been done a number of times in the past. They could list separately as projected terms.

They can only do what they have the details for. Even though some of these deals are announced, the details of the contracts are not.

No, rules and standards of capology. I know as I did this before OTC Spotrac and info readily available

We can free up another $6 million by trading Cedrick Wilson, which I assume will happen.

One more thing for whoever cares.....as of Saturday we had 62mill of cap space for 2024......after the restructuring we've done, Tua's 5th year option and free agency our cap space for 2024 is now just a bit over 2mill and once we add the dead money from Byron Jones we'll be over the cap
Spotrac has us at $$35M in the red but includes the rookie options. Who should fans believe as the majority do not check but accept what they say.
Both have tons of readers. And we have confusion.

Can you post a copy of these rules?

For the record, nothing is official till tomorrow at 4pm but over the cap has been updating everything as moves have been made........once David long is in there we'll be one or 2 millions under the cap at best, pending the 14mill for Byron Jones in June
Cap space?
Isn't that where you put your head? - LOL

$8.3 million in cap space before accounting for David Long’s deal. Long probably has a 2023 cap hit of around $4 million, so assume we have about $4 million left in cap space.

But we’re highly likely to restructure Jalen Ramsey, which would give us another $10.5 million. There are some other moves we can make to open up more, but Ramsey is the only one I’d consider highly likely.

So we probably have roughly $15 million more in cap space to spend on free agents and filling out the roster, and we can spend every last penny (and then some) because we have $13 million more opening up on June 1.

This is the "real" march madness.

nah, I actually love that they're doing it cause at least we know where we stand.....the FO knows where we stand anyway which is what really matters but if they weren’t doing this we'd be going crazy trying to figure out what we have to work with.

So, there we are! - LOL

Can you post a copy of these rules?
No, it is an accounting with basic accounting rules and standards being applied. This is what we always did and it is only common sense.

I sent Jason from OTC a message as he has been doing this over 15 years I know of and knows this. The majority of fans should easily understand that if you do not have a valid contract or an exercised option it does not count.

The rule of common sense. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom