Caron Butler to the Bulls? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Caron Butler to the Bulls?

Fresh

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/col_mcgraw.asp?intID=38152104

Miami is looking to tweak its lineup and could offer this package: Caron Butler and the No. 19 pick for No. 3, Chris Jefferies and Paul Shirley. The Heat could conceivably draft Shaun Livingston or Devin Harris to play point guard and then pursue Boston free agent Mark Blount at center.

Butler, a third-year small forward, started slowly last season because of a knee injury. In the playoffs, he averaged 12.8 points and 8.5 rebounds.

The 19th pick might sound low, but Jamaal Magloire, Zach Randolph and Tayshaun Prince were picked 19 or below in recent years.

Call me stupid, but that is a trade that I'd having to consider. I love Caron, that's my boy, but I do like the idea of having a more balanced line-up. I think Wade can be a star at the point, but I think he may be a better playing at the wing playing off the ball. A guy like Shaun Livingston would add to our versatility, as this kid is a 6'7 point guard with no flaws. Odom would be alowed to move back the the 3, with Grant being able to play the 4, and Mark Blount can be signed to handle the dirty work(note that Chad Ford on ESPN Insider said that Riley is already TAMPERING with Blount's agent).

With a deal like this, you could very well see a line-up similar to this:

PG- Shaun Livingston
SG- Dwyane Wade
SF- Lamar Odom
PF- Brian Grant
C- Mark Blount

I am not 100% sold on a deal like this though, because it could drop us back a bit. Livingston is coming fresh out of high school, and he's no sure thing to pull a Bron-Bron. :tongue:

As for Devin Harris, he's pretty much ranked behind Livingston and Ben Gordon right now, but the workouts are certainly sliding him ahead of Gordon on most boards. What I like about Harris from watching him at Wisconsin is his quick first step, which kind've reminds you of Dwyane Wade.

With any of these three players(I'd actually want to trade down 3-5 spots and wind up with Harris or Gordon), we'd be able to develop the best backcourt in the NBA. However, I am not sold on moving Caron...

I am not so sure about this. Caron started out slowly, but he heated up in the playoffs. I like the combo of him and Wade.

I like Caron and would not like to see him go.
I doubt this type of trade is something that Pat Riley would do.

The only way I really want to move Caron is if Eddie Jones is included, which would free us some cap space for the next three years. Of course though, there has to be a talent match for Caron. For me, it would take Eddie Curry to win me over. In reality, it would probably take Tyson Chandler.

ThunderCane said:
I like Caron and would not like to see him go.
I doubt this type of trade is something that Pat Riley would do.
This type of trade is certainly not one that Pat Riley would do. He wouldn't trade someone as good as Butler for a draft pick. He doesn't like rookies, he only plays them if he must. It would have been interesting to see him coach Wade last year. He probably wouldn't have played him because he could start Rafer Alston.

Deez Nutz said:
It would have been interesting to see him coach Wade last year. He probably wouldn't have played him because he could start Rafer Alston.

I would never make that comment. Everybody said the same thing about Caron Butler his rookie year. Most people thought Riles would start Laphonzo Ellis.

Riley drafted Wade to start, and he said that. Read the transcript from draft night, 2003.

I remember one comment like this: "I think when you have Wade, Jones, and Caron on the floor at the same time...people are going to see a very versatile line-up. And I think you're going to see that a lot this year."

ChambersOwnz84 said:
I would never make that comment. Everybody said the same thing about Caron Butler his rookie year. Most people thought Riles would start Laphonzo Ellis.

Riley drafted Wade to start, and he said that. Read the transcript from draft night, 2003.

I remember one comment like this: "I think when you have Wade, Jones, and Caron on the floor at the same time...people are going to see a very versatile line-up. And I think you're going to see that a lot this year."
Well excuse me. I've just been going on what I've seen him do in the past.

Back
Top Bottom