Caron Butler to the Magic? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Caron Butler to the Magic?

Deez Nutz

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I heard a rumor that the Heat might try to trade Caron Butler and Eddie Jones to Orlando for Tracy McGrady. But I also heard that they might want Brian Grant instead of Eddie Jones. Either way, if this trade gets done, the Heat will have the #1 SG in the league (once Kobe goes to jail), and will get rid of one of the two big contracts they are trying to get rid of.

TerryTate said:
Isnt T-Mac a FA?
No, he's eligible to opt-out next year. But supposedly he is unhappy in Orlando, so they might shop him around to see what they can get for him.

That deak makes no sense. Butler, although injured all year, was God-awful average this year and Jones/Grant are both old players with rediculous contracts.

This deal will never happen, I guaren-damn-tee it!

This isn't just any old internet rumor...it's in Chad Ford's insider article.

"Miami has been dangling Caron Butler around the league as trade bait to help them get either Brian Grant or Eddie Jones off the books. The Heat would prefer to move Jones over Grant, but in this case, the Magic would have more interest in a Butler/Grant deal. That may be enough to scare off the Heat. But then again, a combo of Lamar Odom, Dwyane Wade, and T-Mac could be devastating."

^That's word for word from the ESPN Insider article concerning the teams interested in Tracy McGrady. Funny how he actually thinks MIAMI would shy away from a deal like that. Yeah right. If we could get a deal like this done and land Swift, Okur, Blount, or Etan Thomas for the MLE...we'll be in the best shape in team history.

I doubt we wind up with T-Mac, but either way I think we'll be able to add the big man needed to really contend.

Back
Top Bottom