CBA agreement not likely | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

CBA agreement not likely

Aqua4Ever04

Active Roster
Reaction score
Wow, this is just depressing to me. The single thing that makes the NFL is the salary cap allowing any team a possibility at greatness.

I was watching ESPN and they reported a 3 hour meeting today which reached no progress and said the deal will likely not be reached leaving 2007 an uncapped year and as of right now NO FOOTBALL AT ALL in 2008.

That would break my heart if that happend :boohoo: :boohoo: :shakeno: :shakeno:

Aqua4Ever04 said:
Wow, this is just depressing to me. The single thing that makes the NFL is the salary cap allowing any team a possibility at greatness.

I was watching ESPN and they reported a 3 hour meeting today which reached no progress and said the deal will likely not be reached leaving 2007 an uncapped year and as of right now NO FOOTBALL AT ALL in 2008.

If there is no football in 2008 expect the Arena league to get a ton more popular. I hope there is football in 08 though. If there isn't then what about the draft and stuff how is that handled?

WHAAT? NO FOOTBALL IN 08?? WHAT THE.....?

this is not happening..this is not happening..this is not happening..

i didnt hear that from clayton, what clayton sed was that there will be no draft in 08, not no season.

kitt23 said:
i didnt hear that from clayton, what clayton sed was that there will be no draft in 08, not no season.

Quote from John Clayton. "If there is no new agreement reached on the current CBA, and no agreement is reached in the 2007 season, that would mean no football in 2008."

That is very unlikely but it is very likely there will be no salary cap in football anymore which (IMO) will terminate football :boohoo:

Can someone explain to me about the CBA and what that has to do with FA

I call BS!!!!!!!!!!!

There is no way in the world Football will stop!!! There is too much money. Upshaw already said if the owners attempt a lockout the players will de-unionize and report anyways; Guaranteeing their paychecks.

An uncapped year doesn't scare the players at all...it scares the owners. Especially the small market ones. Which means only the owners would ever ignitiate a lock-out. And by disbanding the union the players still get paid.

So.....

THIS REPORT US COMPLETELY FALSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Football procedes no matter what...the only difference is how competative it will be....

I wouldn't go as far as saying 'it will terminate football' forever.

NFL | Kraft predicts CBA deal by Wednesday
Mon, 27 Feb 2006 21:07:58 -0800
Updating previous reports, <A href="http://www.kffl.com/link/17">Len Pasquarelli, of ESPN.com, reports New England Patriots vice president Jonathan Kraft expects a new collective bargaining agreement to be completed by Wednesday, March 1. Kraft said, "If I were betting, I would bet there would be a deal by Wednesday." League owners are scheduled for a conference call Tuesday, Feb. 28, to discuss the status of negotiations.

bring on the FA's!!!!

Aqua4Ever04 said:
Quote from John Clayton. "If there is no new agreement reached on the current CBA, and no agreement is reached in the 2007 season, that would mean no football in 2008."

That is very unlikely but it is very likely there will be no salary cap in football anymore which (IMO) will terminate football :boohoo:

I'm not sure exactly, but believe this may be tied into Upshaws recent statements of no cap means no union. Basicly Upshaw informed players and agents if no new agreement was reached the union would be disolved. For the purpose of allowing anti-trust lawsuits by players against the NFL to keep owners "honest" in their monetary dealings with the players. If owners can't get deal done with the Union, the Courts could end up making the decision for them. Could see that mess leading to no football in 2008.

Aqua4Ever04 said:

:fire:

BlueFin said:
Fear not, it will be finalized tommorow when the owners meet.

I'll have to buy you a beer if you are correct but I fear you may in fact be wrong...:drinkers:

Back
Top Bottom