Certain Ads very Annoying | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Certain Ads very Annoying

MonstBlitz

Starter
Reaction score
I understand the necessity of ads on a message board and it's how you guys make some money to keep the site going and so forth, but a lot of these new adds are maddening. If your cursor goes anywhere near them, they quickly expand to take up half the screen and cover message board content. I have to close out of at least 5 adds on every visit. Maybe it's just me but it's driving me nuts. I don't remember ads like this on the old FinHeaven.

I haven't seen one of those but if you see another one, copy the ad URL (where it sends you) or, if you can, get the page code of the popup. We do not allow those types of ads on this site and will notify the ad company when we can identify where they are coming from.

Thanks for the heads up.

Bro are you cleaning your PC from spyware periodically .I do it daily .There are some free programs.Google for spybot

My PC is on 24/7 and I am not getting any popups

Bro are you cleaning your PC from spyware periodically .I do it daily .There are some free programs.Google for spybot

My PC is on 24/7 and I am not getting any popups

The PC I use doesn't have any problems with pop ups. They are blocked. The problem is, these aren't exactly pop ups, but site ads that display at the top or bottom of the page, but then they expand to take up half the page and cover the board content. They expand whether you click on them or rollover them. It's just frustrating because you have to close them before you can read the board and they are popping up at an alarming rate. Am I the only one? Is anyone else having problems with this? Here's another one -

http://www.chilis.com/

The PC I use doesn't have any problems with pop ups. They are blocked. The problem is, these aren't exactly pop ups, but site ads, that "pop up" after you click a thread or access certain areas. I can't be the only one that's seeing these am I? Maybe I'm just nuts. Here's another one that just popped up -

http://www.chilis.com/

I need the page code from the popup or the raw URL containing the ad code. The final URL doesn't help all that much because it doesn't tell us who served the ad.

Thanks for your help.

I need the page code from the popup or the raw URL containing the ad code. The final URL doesn't help all that much because it doesn't tell us who served the ad.

Thanks for your help.

I'd be happy to supply this, but I'm not sure how. It's basically just an expansion of the adds that appear at the top or bottom of the page. There's no address or code to be found anywhere on them.

I'd be happy to supply this, but I'm not sure how. It's basically just an expansion of the adds that appear at the top or bottom of the page. There's no address or code to be found anywhere on them.

Right click (for PC) or control-click (for Mac users) on the ad and choose "View page source" on the ad itself. That may help.

Right click (for PC) or control-click (for Mac users) on the ad and choose "View page source" on the ad itself. That may help.

When I right click the only options available to me are 'Settings' or 'About Adobe Flash Player 9'

When I right click the only options available to me are 'Settings' or 'About Adobe Flash Player 9'

There could be some flash ads but try it with others of that type too. In addition, try to run spyware programs to see if that clears it up. I haven't seen any of those types of ads so far but that could be the luck of the draw.

I get the same annoying ads. You can't right click on them because they are adobe flash. When I try to lift the source info using view>source, I get nothing.

just a note, i have run into a few of these also and I run zonelabs and all is uptodate and no spyware on computer nor viruses...not all ads, just one here and there, just expands out, like when you go to espn sometimes a big ad automatically expands out over the page and you have to close it to view the page.

just a note, i have run into a few of these also and I run zonelabs and all is uptodate and no spyware on computer nor viruses...not all ads, just one here and there, just expands out, like when you go to espn sometimes a big ad automatically expands out over the page and you have to close it to view the page.

Brother, that is spyware, I believe. Microsoft OS is a spyware's "hoe". Try one of these:

http://us.trendmicro.com/us/products/personal/free-tools-and-services/index.html

Thanks Celt....what is spyware? zonelabs is zonealarm originally....don't think it is MS, is that what you were talking about? or something else? thanks for the help.

And for what it is worth, I just came to the site and the "bright and vivid" ad by Dell, blew up big when mouse got near it with an x close in the lower right.
I clicked on this forum and a new ad displayed from another company and it did not expand out.
will head over to that link Celt..thanks..t

add after initial post:
here is what i use..the co. was originally zonelabs years ago http://www.zonealarm.com/

I remember trying trend micro when Vista first came out as it was the only one that supported vista then or one of the few...Did not know a lot about them, and had a year and half on my subscription to zonealarm, so used it up.

How is trend? Have you ever used zonelarm to make a comparison of the two? thanks..t

Back
Top Bottom