CFL WR Keith Stokes turns down Fins offer and resigns w/ CFL Team | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

CFL WR Keith Stokes turns down Fins offer and resigns w/ CFL Team

MARLINSFAN305

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I dont know how you can turn away from NFL type money. Here it is:

First, he acquired Keith Stokes in a major deal with the Montreal Alouettes, then Brendan Taman sweated out whether he would lose the import receiver/kick returner to the NFL. The Winnipeg Blue Bomber GM stopped chewing his nails over that possibility yesterday. Stokes, 25, passed up an offer from the Miami Dolphins to sign a contract extension with the local CFL club.

"I was worried because he had an offer to go to Miami," Taman admitted. "But he had been there before and didn't want to go through that rigamarole again."

The 5-foot-8, 180-pound East Carolina product recorded 2,000 all-purpose yards last season and is known as one of the CFL's most dangerous kick returners. He can also play wide receiver, slotback and tailback.

Link

Well, he's a guaranteed star up there. Whereas his chances of being more than just camp fodder in the NFL are slim and none. As it said, he's been here before.

He's playing the odds and staying where he's happy (I suppose).

Muck said it best...in other news the Jets have signed Ricky Ray and Kenton Keith, 2 excellent prospects from the CFL :mad:

It used to be the beer:happydrin , now it's the women. I know south FL has got a lot of them but I'm telling you those Canuk women do to. You just have to get the winter coats off first.:D

I guess he doesn't like competition and is afraid of the jump to the next level. I guess the weak stay weaker...............

Keith Stokes in his second pre season game here in Winnipeg returned one 85 yards. He is explosive and surprised he along with Brashir Levingston another great returner here in Canada never got a bigger look by the Dolphins..

I am happy he is here in Winnipeg.. Yes I do admit I love the NFL but I also love the CFL... Have not missed a home game in 8 years.

How bout Wayne Mcgarrity of the Stamps ??
:eek:

Back
Top Bottom