CFP Semifinals Possible Dolphins Draft Picks | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

CFP Semifinals Possible Dolphins Draft Picks

Anybody watching this game or the entire season still believing Devonta Smith isn’t worthy of a top pick is completely lost.

It's funny because 6th or 7th overall seems about perfect for Smith. Really, what's the difference in 3?

That’s the point. You draft him where you can get him.

If MIA can trade down from 3 to 6 or 7 and still get him. Sign me up.

However you just can’t trade down in that range because you want to. Somebody has to be willing to trade valuable capital to move up. Which is no guarantee.

Also, you don’t know for certain Smith will still be available at 6 or 7. There are 31 other teams with there own grand ideas and plans. And they most often conflict and collide.

One thing is probably as much a lock as anything can be. And that is Smith not being available when MIA picks in (likely) the 19-24 range.

So if they are interested, they need to take him where they can get him. If that’s at 3, so be it.

I wouldn’t cry over Sewell at 3 either.

That’s the point. You draft him where you can get him.

If MIA can trade down from 3 to 6 or 7 and still get him. Sign me up.

However you just can’t trade down in that range because you want to. Somebody has to be willing to trade valuable capital to move up. Which is no guarantee.

Also, you don’t know for certain Smith will still be available at 6 or 7. There are 31 other teams with there own grand ideas and plans. And they most often conflict and collide.

One thing is probably as much a lock as anything can be. And that is Smith not being available when MIA picks in (likely) the 19-24 range.

So if they are interested, they need to take him where they can get him. If that’s at 3, so be it.

I wouldn’t cry over Sewell at 3 either.
I don't think there's any way Smith makes it out of the top 10, but the only factor going against him is its loaded receiver class.

Back
Top Bottom