Chad is Ready To Go | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chad is Ready To Go

nyjunc

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
unfortunately for some of you that have been giddy w/ the thought that Chad would not be ready and that Jay would be our starter Chad will be ready for TC and to start the season. Seee the article below from nfl.com:

Hanging with a new and improved Chad

By Adam Schefter
Special to NFL.com

(July 11, 2005) -- Questions about Jets quarterback Chad Pennington's surgically repaired shoulder are starting to disappear, right along with whatever days off players have before training camp begins.

Over the past couple of weeks, Pennington has been consistently throwing the football 30 yards without any problems. Those who have seen him say that Pennington looks sharp, and though his workload likely will be scaled back during training camp, he will be ready when his teammates report on July 29. At this point, there is no doubt that Pennington will be ready for the Chiefs in Kansas City for the season opener on Sept. 11.

Further proving Pennington's readiness and anxiousness for the start of camp are the actions he has taken. This month, Pennington arranged for each of his top four wide receivers -- Laveranues Coles, Justin McCareins, Jerricho Cotchery and Wayne Chrebet -- to travel to Sarasota, Fla., for extended workouts together. The quarterback and receivers have been spending time getting their timing down, learning the Jets' new offense, and trying to get as far ahead as they can with training camp just over two weeks away. If Pennington wasn't healthy enough, he never would have booked the trip. But Pennington has turned up the heat on himself in preparation for what awaits him this summer on Long Island.

The Jet that really feels invigorated this offseason is not Pennington, but Chrebet, who believes he can ring up a Pro Bowl-type season. Chrebet feels so healthy, so fresh, so excited about the new offense that he now is expecting numbers more in line with the ones he put up during the 2002 season, when he caught 51 passes for 691 yards and nine touchdowns. What's interesting about this is, after last season when Chrebet suffered the latest in a series of concussions, some people speculated that the wide receiver would retire. But Chrebet, who turns 32 next month, didn't. Instead, he is returning for his 11th NFL season with all the excitement of his first. If he can avoid another concussion, Chrebet will be a factor again in the Jets offense.

http://nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/8638352

He'll probably play about 4 games before becoming injured again.

zachseau13 said:
He'll probably play about 4 games before becoming injured again.

It's very sad when opposing fans have to root for injruies since they know they can't beat us healthy :shakeno:

nyjunc said:
It's very sad when opposing fans have to root for injruies since they know they can't beat us healthy :shakeno:

Please learn to read.
Where exactly did I root for Chad to be injured?
I merely made a prediction based upon Chad's injury history.

It is very sad when fans groundlessly attack a poster because they can not bear the truth about their fragile QB. :shakeno:

he had 2 freak injuries the last 2 years and he came back earlier than expected for both. You make it saound like he is Chris Chandler or AJ when he gets hurt being slapped on the behind.

nyjunc said:
he had 2 freak injuries the last 2 years and he came back earlier than expected for both. You make it saound like he is Chris Chandler or AJ when he gets hurt being slapped on the behind.

He wishes that he was as durable as AJ..

nyjunc said:
No, dolphin fans wish AJ was as durable as Chris Chandler :lol:

Just be sure to come back to the board the day after Pennington goes down for the season.

zachseau13 said:
Just be sure to come back to the board the day after Pennington goes down for the season.

I never run and hide, if it happens I'll be here, if you guys beat us I'll be here, if disaster happens and we lose half our team to injuries and you actually finish w/ a better record I'll be here so don't worry about that. You just be around when Chad is guiding us deep into january and then playing in the Pro Bowl.

nyjunc said:
I never run and hide, if it happens I'll be here, if you guys beat us I'll be here, if disaster happens and we lose half our team to injuries and you actually finish w/ a better record I'll be here so don't worry about that. You just be around when Chad is guiding us deep into january and then playing in the Pro Bowl.

I'm always here.

But seriously, do you expect Chad to be playing in January? He might be guiding you as a cheerleader but not as a QB.

zachseau13 said:
I'm always here.

But seriously, do you expect Chad to be playing in January? He might be guiding you as a cheerleader but not as a QB.

Of course I expect him to be playing in January. He has had some injuries but has always been there at the end, leading us to the div rd in '02 &n '04 and playing in Nov & dec in '03 so yes I expect him. I like our backup but I don't wnat him to play at alla nd if he has to hopefully it's only 2 or 3 games like Quincy had to play for us last year. As Chad goes so goes this team this year, his health will determine how far we get.

nyjunc said:
I dont root for injuries, but I think we can beat you healthy......

KGUNBILLS said:
I dont root for injuries, but I think we can beat you healthy......

we beat them healthy last year...

Pennington was playing in that game until he got dominated by Kelsay.

Losman7 said:
we beat them healthy last year...

Pennington was playing in that game until he got dominated by Kelsay.

No you didn't. I'm not saying you wouldn't have but he got hurt early in that game and we barely passed the rest of the game b/c of it. I like our chances if he didn't get hurt b/c we became 1 dimensional after he got hurt.

Back
Top Bottom