Chambers And Mcmichael Signings | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chambers And Mcmichael Signings

There has been a lot of talk this year about trying to resign chambers and McMichael to long term contracts. Do you think, that with the current long term contracts of Jeno James, David Boston, and soon Vernon Carey, that we have the making of an offensive powerhouse as our defense declines?

Well, I have to say that I agree that Defense wins Championships. But the Dolphins just cant keep their offense from ruining games for them. When the Ravens won the SB their offense actually produced just enough to allow the defense to secure the games for them. The Dolphins have a real problem with keeping the Defense off the field long enough and is prone to turnovers at horrible times (Is there really a good time for a turnover?)
What I think is going to happen is that the Dolphins will balance out on the offensive and defensive sides of the ball. That is if the current front office and coaching staff stays in place over the next two to three seasons. The other approach is constantly coming up short so this will be the new road to try to win with.

I'll sum up our offense with one number: 27

As in everyone from the o-line to the recievers to Feeley to RW, the whole crew is under 27....makes ya think if they stay together we got quite a little something going, huh? Just like our defense will soon reach its zenith and decline (or they could have already reached it), it's now our offense's time to change the course of Dolphins history. Remember when the old guys started leaving the offense, from Marino to Tony Martin to OJ McDuffie, Tim Ruddy to Mark Dixon to Kevin Donalley, now it's going to be in a couple years the overhaul of the defense...Bowens will be gone, as will Zgonina, Seau, J Williams, and Zach Sam and JT will be on their last legs. Then it will be the offense's turn yet again like it was for most of Marino's career.

phinfan77 said:
Sorry about that, I'll try again. There has been a lot of talk this year about trying to resign chambers and McMichael to long term contracts. Do you think, that with the current long term contracts of Jeno James, David Boston, and soon Vernon Carey, that we have the making of an offensive powerhouse as our defense declines?

Not until we get a QB.............hopefully Feeley is the answer.

Finsflurry said:
I'll sum up our offense with one number: 27

As in everyone from the o-line to the recievers to Feeley to RW, the whole crew is under 27....makes ya think if they stay together we got quite a little something going, huh? Just like our defense will soon reach its zenith and decline (or they could have already reached it), it's now our offense's time to change the course of Dolphins history. Remember when the old guys started leaving the offense, from Marino to Tony Martin to OJ McDuffie, Tim Ruddy to Mark Dixon to Kevin Donalley, now it's going to be in a couple years the overhaul of the defense...Bowens will be gone, as will Zgonina, Seau, J Williams, and Zach Sam and JT will be on their last legs. Then it will be the offense's turn yet again like it was for most of Marino's career.
:boohoo:

What does that mean, how am I crying or complaining in any way? Little too much to drink last night bud?

I think he's saying he's sad that all those players will be gone one day.

Oh oops my bad Infis didn't mean to insult you sorry I took it the wrong way.

He's crying because as Finsflurry said the defense and the offense are never gonna be great at the same time.

In this day of free agency and the salary cap it's hard to be good at the same time. But with the young offensive players we have, there is a good chance our offense will be carryiing the load in two or three years and we'll be complaining about needing help on the D-line.

midwest_phinfan said:
I think he's saying he's sad that all those players will be gone one day.

Doesnt Seau look kind of like a gay Iraqi soldier. :lol: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom