"Chambers" the good news | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Chambers" the good news

Shamboubou

THE REAL SOUL SHAKER!
Reaction score
Ok while everybody is freaking because our #1 reciever has dropped some passes it might be a good thing for the future. We have never had a QB that has been good enough for Chambers to have to make routine catches. Therefore we have never really seen his inconsistancy due to the poor QB play. Now that we have seen and Chambers has seen that he is struggling to make the routine catches maybe he will work a lot harder this offseason on his game. Hopefully these dropped passes are a wakeup call for him and he will come back next year with much more sure hands.

Hey, its better than a he sucks thread. :)

Yes it is definetly more positive. You may very well have a point. This post will be followed by about 10 saying don't make excuses for him thou!

He has the potential to be incredibal but i would still like to see miami draft a WR

Shamboubou said:
Ok while everybody is freaking because our #1 reciever has dropped some passes it might be a good thing for the future. We have never had a QB that has been good enough for Chambers to have to make routine catches. Therefore we have never really seen his inconsistancy due to the poor QB play. Now that we have seen and Chambers has seen that he is struggling to make the routine catches maybe he will work a lot harder this offseason on his game. Hopefully these dropped passes are a wakeup call for him and he will come back next year with much more sure hands.

Hey, its better than a he sucks thread. :)

Good observation/take on the Chmabers situation. My question is this. After he public questioned/challanged Saban's statement abot the WRs being "decent", plus seeing him try for a pass interference call after every dropped ball, do you think Chambers realizes its HIM that has a problem, or do you think its one of those "it's everyone else's fault but mine" cases? I'd love to think of it like he will step up and improve his game now that a weakness has been exposed, but I personally think, just going by his reaction to Saban's comment and they way he fishes for P.I. calls, that he doesn't think he has a problem, thus won't try and fix it. And I am not a Chambers basher by any means, I had pretty much been giving him the benifit of the doubt all season, but seeing the game Sunday just got me fed up, finally. I finally stopped blaming it on Gus and everything else and started holding Chambers accountable for his own actions.

Al13 said:
yeah, that was really lame to ask for a flag every play
Especially when you know damn well they ain't going to throw one against NE!

Al13 said:

Makes him look like such a whiner. He's gotta realize that he needs to work as hard to make routine/semi-routine catches as he does in begging for a flag.

Its nothing new to me. I have been paying attention to Chamber's dropped passes for a while now...not just this year.

For me the problem is he is very good and we all know that. But since his first year we have been waiting for his breakout. No he has not had a QB. I think time has show that he has great moments and let downs. I think Saban's word was the right one.

elandre said:
He has the potential to be incredibal but i would still like to see miami draft a WR

We have other needs, but some competition might bring out the best in him too, if it really is a question of effort / concentration.

I wonder if his inconsistencies have anything to do with him not having any competition on the team for his sopt. Think about this, for the last several years, he has known that he is the # 1 receiver, because we have not brought in anyone else who could compete with him. MAybe if he had some better competition, his attitude / work ethic / consistency would improve???

When's the cutoff date for Chamber's "potential" to be deemed officially fake? I'm not saying I'm against CC as a #1 reciever, but are we giving him too much time to live up to the expectations we all have of him? At some point, if he doesn't pan out in the future, we're going to have to make a decision. We can't wait on potential forever. Not picking up a solid, proven WR or new potential this offseason could end up biting us in the ***.

Again, not saying I'm against Chambers, just a "what if?" type thing. Sure, he hasn't had a good QB to get the ball to him but a great WR wouldn't be dropping the balls he drops, no matter who throws them.

Al13 said:

Actually most receivers do that and if you look at those plays again he had a legitimate argument on at least 2-3 passes. In particular, that 1st long pass in the 1st quarter in which the CB cut in front of him and impeded his path to the ball. There was another pass in the 1st half in which the CB clearly twisted his helmet and made contact well before the pass arrived.

unifiedtheory said:
He is what he is....

I have a hard time deciding what he actually "is"

A potential Pro Bowler who needs a good QB to truly breakout, a solid #1 reciever who will be good but never great, or a great #2 reciever?

Back
Top Bottom