"Chambers" the good news | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Chambers" the good news

the good news is that, Chambers has a chance to rebound and redeem himself this week against the Browns. We'll get to see what this guy is really made of, becuase I'm sure his confidence has to have dropped quite a bit the past couple of weeks, so is he mentally tough and fights back (eye of the tiger) or stays down on himself or whatever ( brook trout) as Saban says. Sage and Chambers seem to have good chemistry and Sage is pretty accurate so maybe that will help Chambers get back to form. I guess we'll find out sure enough come sunday.

SECfootball said:
I have a hard time deciding what he actually "is"

A potential Pro Bowler who needs a good QB to truly breakout, a solid #1 reciever who will be good but never great, or a great #2 reciever?

imo a great #2

At this level, with his paycheck and being a 5th year starter he needed to start preforming yesterday. No excuses for dropped balls; If the ball touches your hand it must be caught.

He needs to catch everything or he should only be a decoy for his speed. I'd rather throw it to Welker, Booker, McMichael and Brown.

Shamboubou said:
Ok while everybody is freaking because our #1 reciever has dropped some passes it might be a good thing for the future. We have never had a QB that has been good enough for Chambers to have to make routine catches. Therefore we have never really seen his inconsistancy due to the poor QB play. Now that we have seen and Chambers has seen that he is struggling to make the routine catches maybe he will work a lot harder this offseason on his game. Hopefully these dropped passes are a wakeup call for him and he will come back next year with much more sure hands.

Hey, its better than a he sucks thread. :)

Sorry I don't buy that. CC has been dropping sure passes since his rookie season. This not a new situation for this talented WR.

Shamboubou said:
Ok while everybody is freaking because our #1 reciever has dropped some passes it might be a good thing for the future. We have never had a QB that has been good enough for Chambers to have to make routine catches. Therefore we have never really seen his inconsistancy due to the poor QB play. Now that we have seen and Chambers has seen that he is struggling to make the routine catches maybe he will work a lot harder this offseason on his game. Hopefully these dropped passes are a wakeup call for him and he will come back next year with much more sure hands.

Hey, its better than a he sucks thread. :)

Its a nice positive outlook... hopefully your right...

ohall said:
Sorry I don't buy that. CC has been dropping sure passes since his rookie season. This not a new situation for this talented WR.

I agree that he has been dropping passes since he come into the league, but you also have to agree that he has never had a QB that could throw the ball accurate on a consistant basis. I wasn't making that as an excuse for him dropping passes, easy passes need to be caught. Hopefully we get a good QB in here next year and see how he does with a QB that can hit him in the numbers 90% of the time.

Shamboubou said:
I agree that he has been dropping passes since he come into the league, but you also have to agree that he has never had a QB that could throw the ball accurate on a consistant basis. I wasn't making that as an excuse for him dropping passes, easy passes need to be caught. Hopefully we get a good QB in here next year and see how he does with a QB that can hit him in the numbers 90% of the time.

We KNOW he doesn't catch the accurate balls on a consistent basis. That has been the knock on him. A good example is his last game...about 5 drops of consistently accurate balls.

Back
Top Bottom