Juventus-Deportivo
Lyon-Real Sociedad
Man. United-Porto

Wednesday 10

Arsenal-Celta Vigo
Milan-Sparta
Monaco-Lokomotiv Moscow
Real Madrid-Bayern Munich

ESPN is showing the Manchester United-Porto match. I am happy they are showing a Tuesday match, because I will be able to see the whole thing (if they showed one on Wednesday, I would probably only get home on time for the beginning of the second half). I think the best match is the Real Madrid-Bayern Munich match, followed by Juventus-Deportivo, but Manchester United-Porto was not a bad choice.

:cry: but Ronaldo and Roberto Carlos won't be playing.

I seriously HATE ESPN. ESPN is the MAFIA when it comes to showing sports.

I wish everyone would boycott ESPN, their a monopoly with too much power. Those freagin bastards buy the broadcast rights to ChampionsLeague and then they only show 1 game for every 2 weeks at a horrible time right smack in the middle of the day. Then they sit behind that scam ESPN Deportes to lure in more money from those who want to watch soccer. They are the biggest haters of soccer (especially international) that they would rather die before they give some promos, updates, highlights, or substantial coverage for soccer on their primary channels.

ESPN only has limited rights to Champions League which is why they show 1 game a week. However, I would definitely say they are soccer haters. The game is on at the time it is on because they show it LIVE! I certainly do not have a problem with that at all, espicially since I am home right now and will be able to watch the whole game. Go Porto!!!!

ESPN Deportes has more soccer game because it is a Spanish language network, and thus, a high percentage of its viewers are soccer fans. ESPN isn't being anti-soccer by having extra games on ESPN Deportes, they are just catering to their audience. ESPN Deportes has full rights to Champions League in Spanish.

I don't have ESPN Deportes (barely anyone does), and I do wish ESPN would show more games, but I understand why they have more games on ESPN Deportes. It's all about demographics, more people who watch ESPN Deportes are soccer fans.

It's half-time and Manchester United is leading 1-0. I hate Man United but the score should be 2-0. Scholes scored a goal towards the end of the half but the referee called him offside even though he clearly was not, so it did not count.

Porto advances!!!!! They tied up the game in the 90th minute. Benni McCarthy took a freekick, Howard deflected it, but Costinha recovered it and put it in the back of the net. Howard had absolutely no chance.

Chelsea and Lyon also advanced.

Wednesday's Results

AC Milan 4 - 1 Sparta Prague
Monaco 1 - 0 Lokomotiv Moscow
Arsenal 2 - 0 Celta Vigo
Real Madrid 1 - 0 Bayern Munich :down:

Final 8 teams:
AC Milan
Monaco
Arsenal
Real Madrid
Porto
Chelsea
Deportivo
Lyon

I can't believe Man U lost. Both teams played sorry.

The game was super boring until Porto scored in the last minute. All of a sudden, it was serious! What a crock of a game, both teams, especially Man U should be ashamed of themselves. Yes, I know Man U should have really won the game with the Scholes' goal that was called off. But Man U should have played with some balls and blow them out of the water. They got what they deserved for playing scared and conservative - a draw. In effect - A LOSS.

I still HATE ESPN. ESPN2 and Espn1 went blank for 15 minutes at the end of the game. It turned back on right when Porto scored its goal. Did this happen to anybody else?? I called them with a fury, but they didn't give a ****. So from now on, I'm going to call them to complain whenever I can. Bunch of self-hating soccer-bashing punks.

Sign this petition to make ESPN show proper soccer coverage:
http://www.petitiononline.com/mosoccer/petition.html

Originally posted by Dolfan02
I can't believe Man U lost. Both teams played sorry.

The game was super boring until Porto scored in the last minute. All of a sudden, it was serious! What a crock of a game, both teams, especially Man U should be ashamed of themselves. Yes, I know Man U should have really won the game with the Scholes' goal that was called off. But Man U should have played with some balls and blow them out of the water. They got what they deserved for playing scared and conservative - a draw. In effect - A LOSS.

I still HATE ESPN. ESPN2 and Espn1 went blank for 15 minutes at the end of the game. It turned back on right when Porto scored its goal. Did this happen to anybody else?? I called them with a fury, but they didn't give a ****. So from now on, I'm going to call them to complain whenever I can. Bunch of self-hating soccer-bashing punks.

Sign this petition to make ESPN show proper soccer coverage:
http://www.petitiononline.com/mosoccer/petition.html

My ESPN2 did not go blank, and I will definitely sign that petition.

As for the game, the line judge really blew it. The game should have ended 2-1 and gone into extra time.

Back
Top Bottom