Champions League Semifinals | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Champions League Semifinals

iceblizzard69

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
iceblizzard69 said:
The first leg of the Champions League Semifinals start on Tuesday when Monaco plays at home vs. Chelsea. On Wednesday, Porto will be at home against Deportivo la Coruna.

ESPN2 is showing both games, and both are on live at 2:30 PM EST on the day of the game. ESPN2 never shows both games, but according to these links they are:

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/tv/listing?date=20040420&cc=5901
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/tv/listing?date=20040421&cc=5901

Yes, they'll also be showing both 2nd leg semi-final games in 2 weeks. And also on May 26 they'll be showing the final on ESPN2 which takes place in Germany, according to this site below. I'm really surprised they'll be showing the final. I almost don't want to believe it.
http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/tvlistings/schedule?date=20040526&network=02

Dolfan02 said:
Yes, they'll also be showing both 2nd leg semi-final games in 2 weeks. And also on May 26 they'll be showing the final on ESPN2 which takes place in Germany, according to this site below. I'm really surprised they'll be showing the final. I almost don't want to believe it.
http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/tvlistings/schedule?date=20040526&network=02

They always show the final, so that isn't surprising at all. However, ESPN never shows more than one game a week, so I'm pleasantly surprised that they decided to show both games this week. Good job ESPN!! :up: :)

Monaco 3 - 1 Chelsea

Monaco scored 2 goals in the last 30 minutes of the game a man down to win 3-1. Vassilos Zikos was sent off on a terrible call by the ref when he hit Makelele and then Makelele exaggerated and fell to the ground. However, Monaco was still able to score 2 with 10 men to win the game. I really liked Monaco's style. When they were up 2-1, they still brought on attacking, even though they only had ten men. The man they brought on scored pretty much right away when he got on the field.

I taped the game... un-freakin-believeable

I've never seen Monaco play before, but they are an extremely amazing team and fun to watch. Playing with one less man, they scored 2 goals on Chelsea?! Now thats what you call "good". Not only did they score 3 times, but they had possession of the ball most of the game, especially when they were one man down. I don't see Chelsea making the final in the next game. But damn what an awesome game. Monaco's stadium (Stade Louis II) is sweet too, doesn't fit 60,000 people, but luxurious and nice.

Monaco was fun to watch. I really liked their style. As for their next game, the Champions League has been unpredictable this year to say the least, and Chelsea could definitely come back and advance to the final.

Result from today

Porto 0 - 0 Deportivo la Coruna

iceblizzard69 said:
Porto 0 - 0 Deportivo la Coruna

I taped this game but certainly I will record over it because this game was one of the worst Champions League games EVER. Both teams were focused on complaining, crying, btiching, rather than play some quality soccer. Even the Portuguese fans were acting like fools. (The Portuguese girls were pretty good-looking though) But both teams should be ashamed for themselves, even though the ref did not have a great day in making calls, that should not be an excuse to a pitiful game. I'm hoping Monaco makes into the final and totally annihilates whichever team they play.

iceblizzard69 said:
Monaco 3 - 1 Chelsea

Vassilos Zikos was sent off on a terrible call by the ref when he hit Makelele and then Makelele exaggerated and fell to the ground.

Actually Ice, the referee was completely justified in sending Zikos off. ANY blow to the head of an opponent is an AUTOMATIC sending off.

Now, Makelele's response to being hit was completely UNJUSTIFIED and cowardly. I thought he was better than that and feel completely ashamed to be a Chrelsea supporter. Makelele had already gotten Zikos to bait into the sending off, he didn't need the mellowramatics that ensued, which is the worst part of all.

Makelele got the yellow for diving, or simulation as they call it at FIFA.

Back
Top Bottom