Change at the Top | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Change at the Top

Dajesus

Active Roster
Reaction score
My favorite thing the Dolphins did, or didn't do was make a major trade. We had a couple late moves but non are noteworthy. This has to be sign that Grier and Gase had much more say in the war room this year. It appeared Grier was the qb of he draft, and that makes me so happy. Mike T who obviously was in control the past couple years has never had a draft with less movement. He was 1 for two last year in trades, getting a win the trade down with Philly, and a major loss on the Carroo(I still think Carroo could be good.). My biggest fear he was going to make another stupid trade this year, and I think he only reason he didn't was Grier had final say. What do you guys think?

I think Grier is starting to have a greater influence on the on the organization as well, can't say why, it's just a feeling. Maybe that's just my hope because he appears to be doing great work. I like the fact he cut his teeth in scouting too, I think we may have found a good one after analyzing this draft class, time will tell.

TBaum respecting Grier and trusting his balls of steel. Although Grier in his rookie draft last year panicked with the Howard pick by giving away the 4th which got us in trouble when he wanted Caroo later. If we still had the 4th at the time then we only give up a 5 to move up for Caroo. Ross is meddling in that he is encouraging giving up picks " if you really covet the player", and I'm sure last year Ross was in the booth with this same philosophy. Look at the good that can happen(2017) when you put ice in the veins.

If Carroo turns into a good NFL player that trade will be a bargain. The fact of the matter is we need to stop talking about it until the verdict is in.

I am sure some people are rooting for him to fail only because they've spent so much time knocking the trade they don't want to look bad down the road.

Not much to complain about the last 2 years of being a Dolphins fan so that trade seems to be the target of the negative Nancy's.

For the record, I like Leontee Carroo and I am glad he's on our football team.

If Carroo turns into a good NFL player that trade will be a bargain. The fact of the matter is we need to stop talking about it until the verdict is in.

I am sure some people are rooting for him to fail only because they've spent so much time knocking the trade they don't want to look bad down the road.

Not much to complain about the last 2 years of being a Dolphins fan so that trade seems to be the target of the negative Nancy's.

For the record, I like Leontee Carroo and I am glad he's on our football team.

Agree about Carroo, but not the point of the thread. If you follow Mike T to NY he has never had such a quiet draft, on the trade front, as he did in 2017. That has to suggest that the reigns were handed to Chris this year.

I guess I am not as high on our draft as some here. Even though I question a lot of picks, I do believe that our team is much better at his time than it was last year and that is the doing of Tbaum and Grier and Gase.

We definitely have holes on this team like Guard, Free Safety, Nickle corner, and we have absolutely no linebacker depth. The good news is that if some of these acquisitions actually perform well we might not have that many holes. The thing that makes me a little optimistic is that the front office has been making smart moves as of late, and hopefully that continues with this offseason. Imagine if Harris turns out to be a beast and McMillan and Isiata very decent starters. If Mcdonald is also serviceable we could have a very improved team. A team much less deficient than last year.

What we need to do is to stay active to fix our depth issue on most of the defense or injuries will derail us again this year. Injuries are inevitable.

Could you imagine if we traded back a few spots, landed Reuben Foster and picked up another second or third round pick? That would have been perfection for me, and we had multiple trade offers on the table to move back.

I reserve the right to complain about giving up too much right now, because right now it looks like we gave up too much. If Carroo ends up a multi-year all pro, I might change my mind. I don't know why so many people think opinions have to be set in stone.

I agree with Ghost as far as Caroo. The tape on the kid is outstanding and sometimes it takes receivers a year or two to acclimate to the speed of the NFL game. Complaining about what we gave up for him is just barking at the moon, pointless. I totally believe he'll be an excellent Dolphin receiver down the road. As far as no draft day bonanza trades, I'm glad we stayed put, targeting players and then picked them. I would also surmise that Gase, along with Grier, had major input on how to play the draft. The team has been much more focused and on track since the day he arrived. We have a great young Coach finally and he's very smart and knows exactly what he's doing. I think it's more like Tannenbaum getting out of his way.

Back
Top Bottom