Charles Harris comparison | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Charles Harris comparison

dade

Active Roster
Reaction score
:ponder::ponder::ponder:I don't post on here much but I'm a die fan, from knowing what I know I think Charles Harris 40 time is not a knock on him, his 10 hard split was identical to Myles garret. A 10 yard split is more of a better measuring stick to determine explosiveness for de. My player comparison would have to be Tamba hali, similar body same 40 time, tamba has been a great pass rusher for years, I'm very looking forward to see Charles explode in the NFL, his array of pass rushing moves is on point and that spin move is dangerous, best pass rusher in the draft and we got him:troll:

The best comparison I can think of, based on his strengths would be Terrell Suggs. Both came in with less than ideal combines but has very good tape. Both players are known for their pass rush moves...

I think a comparison to a former Mizzou players....Shane Ray...school seems a factory for edge rushers...Kony Ealy, Aldon Smith...

One last comparison one could make is Melvin Ingram.

Most of the players I have compared him to are 3-4 OLB's, but I am looking more at their pass rushing ability and Harris is in the same mold.

Hali and Houston from KC both fit the mold.

The most important comparison is Charles Harris to Andre Branch.

Andre Branch: 6'4 259, 34" arms, 4.70 40, 1.59 10-yard split; 48 college games, 17.5 sacks, 34 TFL, 179 tackles
Charles Harris: 6'3 253, 32.4 arms, 4.83 40, 1.65 10-yard split; 35 college games, 18 sacks, 34.5 TFL, 136 tackles

How long before Charles Harris wins the starting spot? Or how long before he gets more snaps than Branch?

Branch has the tools to be a great pass rusher but for whatever reason he hasn't pulled it all together. The staff must have seen something they liked in order to hand him that fat contract.

One thing is for certain. We are better off with Harris and Branch than we were with Mario Williams and Branch. Now add in....

Cam Wake and William Hayes vs Cam Wake and Jason Jones.

Our DE's will be much fresher this year.

What impresses the most about Harris is that for a player who has been a starter for just one year, he beats blockers in a variety of ways. Of the 37 sacks, hits and hurries he registered by beating a tight end, offensive tackle or guard last year, 19 were won outside, 14 inside, and four via a bull rush. On top of that, there were nine times where he used a spin move out of either an initial inside or outside move to beat his man
PFF

Where Harris was better than Garrett—and just about everyone else—on Sunday was during linebacker drills. He was extremely smooth dropping, changing directions and even catching the football. Teams with 3–4 defenses should have Harris locked in as one of their better edge options.
Si

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom