Chase Allan

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by tzjombie, Aug 10, 2017.

1. tzjombie

tzjombie FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

I thought he played very well tonight however I'm hearing nothing about it. Are my eyes deceiving me?

2. Michael Scott

Michael Scott A True Fan

LB is back to being as big a weakness as it was last year. We are going to get ****ing torched against the run.

illscriptures likes this.
  3. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Well-Known Member

Yeah, he brought the lumber and very athletic. He's from the CFL, right?

4. tzjombie

tzjombie FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

No, Undrafted rookie from Southern Illinois I believe.

Pandarilla likes this.
  5. Kingdom Come

Kingdom Come Well-Known Member

I like Chase Allen but I think we may see Daryl Smith be the next to come into camp from off the couch.

6. dolfan91

dolfan91 Starter Donator

I noticed Allen too. He's a big boy!!! Played well. If McMillan is out? I think Allen has a chance to stick. He plays fast. Experience will be his best friend.

GEORGIA FIN and Pandarilla like this.
  7. Travis34

Travis34 chea Finheaven VIP Donator

Lacey also seemed to do okay... minus running into raekwon

fininpsl likes this.
  8. Perfect23

Perfect23 A True Fan

Zach Thomas 2.0

9. SCLSU Mud Dogs

SCLSU Mud Dogs foos-ball is the devil! Donator

lol no he's not. So was Jordan Tripp, so was that other white linebacker, and mitch hull, and every other white linebacker that's not highly touted. Chase Allen will be lucky to make the team

10. Perfect23

Perfect23 A True Fan

It was a joke but alright. :thumbsup

11. GEORGIA FIN

GEORGIA FIN FIN FOR LIFE

Kid looked good out there tonight considering. Was in on a ****load of tackles. Hell even my brother picked up on him last night and he doesn't follow football at all. Get ZT back to bractice and have him shadow the kid for a while. Sounds like we are gonna need him.

kcbrown likes this.
  12. finomenal

finomenal A True Fan

You want that so bad, huh? Lol these predictions.

13. greasyObnoxious

greasyObnoxious I love lamp Finheaven VIP Donator

cool. we can finally have a "move Zach Thomas to strong safety" thread again

Despacio likes this.
  14. dolphintodd

dolphintodd FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Do you mean free safety? haha

15. spiketex

spiketex Kiko, El Bravo 47 - the yappy chihuahua Super Donator Donator

I'm a serious Dolphin fan but I don't know anything about Chase Allen. I saw his name on the jersey and wrongly assumed it must be Nate Allen, our new Safety. What struck me was that Chase looked a decent size and played physical. He seemed to relish the tackling. Please correct me if you saw otherwise. Welcome more feedback on Chase Allen.

16. Kingdom Come

For the naysayers, keep this in mind. The Missouri Valley Conference of NCAA DIV 1 FCS is by far the most competitive in all of the FCS conferences and they traditionally beat the hell out of the FBS opponents they face. The North Dakota State Bison of the FCS can't even find a team that will even schedule home games with them. After beating the Iowa Hawkeyes last year at Iowa it appears the FCS teams are done with NDSU. Rumor has it the Bison were pressing hard for a game with Alabama in 2018, but they refused.

So don't think Chase Allen just beat up on lesser players, it just ain't so.

gunn34 and BenchFiedler like this.
  17. Kingdom Come

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=1004839&draftyear=2017&genpos=ILB

That shuttle and three cone are almost more impressive than his 4.60 forty. Those are extremely impressive numbers for a guy over 6'3" and 240. If he added another 15 pounds of solid brawn without losing that elite quickness and speed, we would be talking more Brian Urlacher than Zach Thomas.

18. dolfan91

dolfan91 Starter Donator

He seemed very comfortable out there. I read he was a sleeper UDFA. Last night he didn't dispell that. I'm hopeful he'll improve with more pro experience and coaching. He's the type of guy that can help solve the depth issues facing the linebacker unit. I love his tenacity and tackling abilities he displayed last night. Always around the ball.

19. miamirw

miamirw Pro Bowler

If he's got instincts sounds like a poor man's zack Thomas. Was he in on those three plays where they ran the ball for 20+ yards? I think I read somewhere it was hull who made the wrong read.

20. miamirw

miamirw Pro Bowler

Kind of reminds me of that dl/lb 2nd rounder who ended up going to Cleveland. Forget his name.

21. gunn34

gunn34 Pro Bowler

That would be a pleasant surprise to have him show up and make the team and be a great player for us. We need some of the undrafted players to make some noise.

TannDaMan17 likes this.
  22. Digital

Digital Starter

This was one of three or four UDFA's that I was intrigued about and wanted to see in this preseason. Others were Praise Martin-Oguike , Tory McTyer, and Owusu. More and more I added Maurice Smith to that list as well.

With Raekwon McMillan's season ending injury, we need another LB. So I'm guessing Timmons will slide into Mike, so it will likely be a Sam, but either way, Chase Allen has the size and tackling to fill that spot at Sam or Mike. So, I'm very interested in how good he is THIS SEASON.

Fingers crossed. This is definitely a window of opportunity for Chase Allen.

23. bottomline

bottomline Active Member

I think we are intrigued by his size more than anything right now.

24. nick1

nick1 I am Groot Moderator Finheaven VIP Donator

I think the plan is to leave Kiko and Timmons where they are and put Hull at Mike. Remember Hull started camp as the 1st team Mike. It only lasted a couple days but still that should tell you what their intentions are

The only other viable option would be to slide Timmons to Mike and start Hewitt at Sam

25. catzero4

catzero4 Well-Known Member

He looked pretty damn big to me last night. I dont know if he needs to gain anymore weight to have a legit shot. The official site has him at 6'3 250

kcbrown likes this.
  26. Digital

Digital Starter

Well we conclusively know that Hewitt cannot play the Sam .. he failed miserably at the Will last year and that's his best position. He definitely would be worst in the league at Sam. But this Chase Allen kid is a big and fast kid, I'm willing to see what he has. If we roll with Hull at the Mike, so be it. It's definitely a step up from last year. But, I'm not comfortable with him as our primary run stuffer, so I wouldn't be surprised if we move Timmons into the middle, where he can use his run stuffing skills, and then look for a solution at Sam. We'll see. Fingers crossed.

27. <O>

<O> Well-Known Member

If Hull or whoever plays that position can do a good enough job on running downs, the loss of McMillan as a rookie won't mean much, because Alonso and Timmons would've been the ones left in on passing downs anyway.

28. mrbunglez

mrbunglez Reading Is Fundamental Donator

Big dude and looked like a tackling machine. Hope he sticks, this team needs all the help it can get at that position.

kcbrown likes this.
  29. nick1

nick1 I am Groot Moderator Finheaven VIP Donator

I thought he was ideal for Sam. Will requires a better athlete doesn't it

30. montequi

montequi Middle Timer

Well, it looks like Chase Allen is a smart, good-character, guy, similar to Mike Hull. Question will be is he big and fast enough to keep up with 1st-string NFL offenses. I'm sure we'll find out.

31. PhinsWin

PhinsWin Well-Known Member

Chase Allen Highlights SIU #5

spiketex and Fintastic2124 like this.
  32. Despacio

Despacio Pro Bowler

#neverforget

Is the person who posted that thread still active on Finheaven?

33. Digital

Digital Starter

Hewitt's greatest strength is probably his foot speed. Will is where that is most useful. Sam requires better point of attack stacking and shedding as well as coverage ability against TE's. Both of those things are extreme weaknesses for Hewitt unfortunately. But, if there is any saving grace, Burke has expressed his belief that in this system there is no difference between Sam and Will. If that were true, he would have tried Kiko at both positions, but since Kiko also has weaknesses at stacking and shedding against power blockers, he was never tried there, but rather placed at Will and left there.

Timmons on the other hand is a guy who excels at facing power players and is good at stacking and shedding, which is why he was installed at the Sam. I can't see many scenarios where Hewitt starts that aren't injury disaster scenarios. We've already lost Misi and McMillan, so if Timmons, Kiko or Hull go down, Hewitt will have to play. Regardless, I can't see him playing Mike or Sam ... he seems like a Will only guy to me.

nick1 likes this.