Chiefs coach involved in accident... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chiefs coach involved in accident...

NBP81

Its what you know for sure... that just aint so...
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
This isnt Fins related but its such a shame that I think it warrants discussion...

If I remember correctly Britt has had issues with the law before. IMO This will hurt the chiefs just like the hooker scandal did to the Falcons.

If I remember correctly Britt has had issues with the law before. IMO This will hurt the chiefs just like the hooker scandal did to the Falcons.
This might be the prior issues you were talking about.

Andy Reid has been an excellent head coach in the NFL but unfortunately two of his sons have dealt with drug issues. One son died of a drug overdose while Reid was still the head coach of the Eagles.
Britt Reid was convicted of threatening another person with a gun several years ago and was sentenced to prison. He also had a previous DUI and his own issues with drugs. He appeared to have cleaned up his life and he has worked as a KC defensive coach. Unfortunately it appears that he has trouble staying sober and there is actually no excuse for him to be driving under the influence. Especially when he had his son in the car.

Based on his previous criminal record and the fact his son was seriously hurt in this incident, I think he might be spending more time behind bars in the very near future.

I have a job and a life

...Und a mansion und a yacht.

91dc2edb8a0e82945a1af812d4ecb19f.jpg

AGAIN!!

You could write a sea shanty to Andy Reid's boys...

He hasnt actually been charged yet so I'll hold off complete judgement until that happens. His background shows that it is highly likely that he was probably intoxicated at the time of the injury.

Its one of the things I always mention to people and preach to my friends that still drink and drive. When i got my DUI, i was in a multicar wreck (that wasnt my fault, i was collateral damage in it, just happened to have "2-3" beers in me. There was a baby involved in the accident. Had that baby died I'm sure I'd been paying lawyers fees out the ass to avoid massive jail time because they would've tried to pen it on the person under the influence. Most people leaving the bar, all they think about is "i hope i dont get pulled over or come up to a traffic stop" I tell the guys, That could be one of the better outcomes, u get in a wreck and someone in the other vehicle dies, thats on you for life, both in prison and in your head. one of my 2nd cousins spent about 3 or 4 years locked up because an old couple ran a stop light, hit him, and the old man died. They ran the light but said that "had he not have been drinking, he probably would've been more aware that the old couple were getting ready to run a stop light, heres your hand cuffs.

Terrible all around.

Britt Reid probably just ruined his life for a while. Sounds highly likely that he was intoxicated at the time. He admitted to having 2-3 drinks and was also taking prescription Adderall. He’s got a past DUI and his blood was pulled at the hospital. If he was above the legal limit, they’ll hang him on it.. Two kids injured, one of whose injuries were life-threatening. Days before the big dance. Just brutal.

It sounds like he has struggles with addiction. I don’t judge, I’ve struggled on-and-off with booze and cigs my entire adult life, but he’s lucky he didn’t kill a child here. I got a DUI back in 2017. Wasn’t in an accident or anything like that, but it came close to screwing up my life and career. Stood up in court, admitted I’d messed up, took my punishment, and to this day have never got behind the wheel of a vehicle again after taking even so much as a sip of alcohol.

The fact he admitted he had 2 or 3 drinks while also taking Adderall, along with his past record does not bode well for him. Especially considering he was driving with his young son in the car who was seriously injured. I will admit that I have zero tolerance for anyone who drinks and drives. So whatever punishment he receives in court will be justified, IMO.

I just hope his son is able to fully recover from his injuries.

Back
Top Bottom