chink in Pat' armor | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

chink in Pat' armor

uk_dolfan

Proud Tua Cultist
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
tebow is a complete non issue in NE, third string QB.

tebow won't be a non issue with the media...that crap network espn is but a stones throw away...will be even more unwatchable

chink in Pat' armor I know I'm being optimistic, however, after a "Dream Team" offseason (sarcasm), combine that with some issues with The Pats, and division is in better shape than it was, clearly a year ago: 1. Brady is a year older. 2. Losing Welker 3. Gronk can't stay healthy 4. Tebow distractions 5. and now Hernandez and what effect the homicide will have. If Pats play with one or none of the TE's, the entire complexity of that team changes offensively, and exponentially w/o Welker.

Phins rise while Pats fall.

Was announce yesterday Gronk will be on the unable to perform list all of preseason.

Last edited by a moderator:
"dream team" offseason? that is a stretch and I hate seeing fans(it's happening on our board too) being so excited that hernandez may have been involved in a murder. At some point real life has to be more important than a football game.

The Hernandez situationS (as there are now two), are scary stuff. Could be nothing, but it doesn't really look like that.

How that contributes to the football side of things, who knows. I firmly believe that the Patriots are starting a steady and inevitable decline, which will take a few years to correct. Does that mean they won't be at the sharp end of the season? Not to me. Belichick is - like him or hate him - the best gameday tactician in the business. But the roster is looking wobbly, Brady is definitely getting happy feet more and more at this career stage, the drafts are curious at best. It's not enough to push them tumbling into the abyss, but as the OP said, it does open a chink in the armour. You can't underestimate them, but the air of impregnability is gone, if you ask me.

"dream team" offseason? that is a stretch and I hate seeing fans(it's happening on our board too) being so excited that hernandez may have been involved in a murder. At some point real life has to be more important than a football game.
If he is, the hell with him..

I agree. Not often I agree with a Jets fan, but in this case, I definitely do.

If Amendola stays healthy, they may no miss Welker that much. Welker is absolutely devastating in the slot, but he's strictly a slot receiver. Amendola offers a lot more versatility at the receiver position.

If Amendola stays healthy, they may no miss Welker that much. Welker is absolutely devastating in the slot, but he's strictly a slot receiver. Amendola offers a lot more versatility at the receiver position.

But he is nowhere the safety blanket Welker was, Welker had a great knack of being open when you needed him (there was a reason Brady was upset when Welker left), and then there is the dependability issue....will Amendola last a whole year with any major injury issue. Going from Welker to Amendola may not be as easy as some may think, then again the QB is Brady, so the growing pains may not be as painful as they could be.

But he is nowhere the safety blanket Welker was, Welker had a great knack of being open when you needed him (there was a reason Brady was upset when Welker left), and then there is the dependability issue....will Amendola last a whole year with any major injury issue. Going from Welker to Amendola may not be as easy as some may think, then again the QB is Brady, so the growing pains may not be as painful as they could be.

How many SBs did Brady win pre Welker? how many w/ Welker? Welker is a GOOD player but vastly overrated, he drops too many passes(including probably costing them the SB 2 years ago) and he catches a million dumpoffs. He'll find another security blanket, he could win w/ anyone at WR/TE. He nearly made a SB w/ jabar Gaffney and reche Caldwell as his main weapons.

You really should try reading the OP along with (sarcasm) I see no excitement over anyones death.

Everyone of his 1 through 5 is dead on.Even if you sympathizers want to read just the #5 on the original post, it looks early on gang related and everyday normal life and Gang life are 2 worlds apart.

My guess and it's just a guess,is they don't pin Hernadez to the murder, but they do use him to find the gang member who did.This isn't counting the civil suit where he allegedly shot someone in the face.

How many SBs did Brady win pre Welker? how many w/ Welker? Welker is a GOOD player but vastly overrated, he drops too many passes(including probably costing them the SB 2 years ago) and he catches a million dumpoffs. He'll find another security blanket, he could win w/ anyone at WR/TE. He nearly made a SB w/ jabar Gaffney and reche Caldwell as his main weapons.

How many SBs did Brady win since they changed FG Kicker? How many SBs did that kicker win after leaving the Pats? Brady is a great QB, but don't forget how those Patriot teams won their superbowls, very close game, and a great pressure kicker in Adam Vinaieri, who was able to win another SB with the Colts, while Brady has not.

There is far more to Welker's game then dumpoffs, it just happens that that is what teams give him, and he takes it with plenty of pleasure. You are going to be deeply disappointed if you think Brady will have the success with Amendola he had with Welker.

How many SBs did Brady win since they changed FG Kicker? How many SBs did that kicker win after leaving the Pats? Brady is a great QB, but don't forget how those Patriot teams won their superbowls, very close game, and a great pressure kicker in Adam Vinaieri, who was able to win another SB with the Colts, while Brady has not.

There is far more to Welker's game then dumpoffs, it just happens that that is what teams give him, and he takes it with plenty of pleasure. You are going to be deeply disappointed if you think Brady will have the success with Amendola he had with Welker.

ohhh so it was b/c of the Kicker. How many did the great peyton manning win w/ that same kicker?

Welker is the most overrated player in the game. Good slot guy, nowhere near the top WRs in the game like people think b/c of the dumpoffs. he's never been the #1 option in any offense he has played in.

ohhh so it was b/c of the Kicker. How many did the great peyton manning win w/ that same kicker?

Welker is the most overrated player in the game. Good slot guy, nowhere near the top WRs in the game like people think b/c of the dumpoffs. he's never been the #1 option in any offense he has played in.

He won 1 Superbowl, on a team that did not have the defense those Patriots team had, and again, it was the game plan with that talent that helped win those superbowls. A great QB, a defense that rarely made a mistake, but would make you pay when/if you made one, and probably the best pressure Kicker ever.

If Welker had been on those teams, they would have been a pretty dangerous offense, because Brady would have had a very good go to receiver, instead of so ok to good receivers.

Back
Top Bottom