Choosing From Nelson, James, R. Smith | Page 20 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Choosing From Nelson, James, R. Smith

Dolphins Guards
Bushrod ranked #62G
Larson ranked #67G
Davis Ranked #63G

Patriots Guards
Mason Ranked #10G
Thuney Ranked #14G

Anyone else see the difference?

Anyone care to guess why our QBs dont have time to set up a play but tom brady can take a nap behind his line?

Nelson is a no brainer for this team.

OUR OLINE SUCKS. FIX IT. IT DOESNT MATTER WHO THE QB IS WHEN YOUR OLINE IS RANKED 30TH IN THE LEAGUE.

I've advocated for very few noles on this forum. The ones I do are players that I feel would be good fits or worth drafting. Ramsey, Cook, Goldman, Joyner, Freeman are a few I have suggested in the past. This year the only Noles I would consider is James Early and Sweat later. James is up there with Ramsey as an impactful player I have seen in Tallahassee in the past 5-8 years. He is a dude. While I would take Edmunds over James because of filling a need, I think James could have more of an impact long term not only due to his freak ability on the field but the fact that he is such an alpha personality that he could be the one that sets the tone for the defense...imagine a combination of Jones and Landry...tone-setters on the field and leaders in the locker room.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/georgi...uts-down-combine-per-Rich-Eisen-115833026/Amp

It says Roquan shut it down at the combine due to hamstring tightness, but otherwise has no injury history to speak of and started 40 games in three seasons at Georgia.

He's not sliding. Hopefully he's there as one of our options at 11.

He didn’t bench either from a shoulder injury- not that I’m trying to pick on him - but I could see some questions coming up -

https://www.google.com/amp/profootb...ing-to-build-up-strength-in-his-shoulder/amp/

Dolphins Guards
Bushrod ranked #62G
Larson ranked #67G
Davis Ranked #63G

Patriots Guards
Mason Ranked #10G
Thuney Ranked #14G

Anyone care to guess why our QBs dont have time to set up a play but tom brady can take a nap behind his line?

OUR OLINE SUCKS. FIX IT. IT DOESNT MATTER WHO THE QB IS WHEN YOUR OLINE IS RANKED 30TH IN THE LEAGUE.

those guards were drafted in rounds 3 and 4

o line wasn't the problem this year

if we take nelson in the first round with the kind of talent that will be sitting in front of us i will eat my socks

If we don't get the QB prospect we like in the first round, draft Quenton Nelson.

The guard spot is the biggest sore spot on this entire team by far, and it's not even close. We don't have a single NFL caliber starting guard on the roster. And don't have the cap flexibility or means to sign Norwell

The defense is held back by coaching. I don't see bottom 5 personnel on defense. If we don't have at least a middle of the pack defense next season, then Matt Burke needs to be fired. And Gase for that matter too, for hiring a neophyte in the first place.

Roquan Smith or Derwin James is not going to help the Dolphins defense go from bad to good. They're simply not.

Last edited:
People are going to freak out (one way or the other) if Miami walks out of the first two rounds with all Oklahoma selections.

If we don't get the QB prospect we like in the first round, draft Quenton Nelson.

The guard spot is the biggest sore spot on this entire team by far, and it's not even close. We don't have a single NFL caliber starting guard on the roster. And don't have the cap fleximeans to sign Norwell

The defense is held back by coaching. I don't see bottom 5 personnel on defense. If we don't have at least a middle of the pack defense next season, then Matt Burke needs to be fired. And Gase for that matter too, for hiring a neophyte in the first place.

Roquan Smith or Derwin James is not going to help the Dolphins defense go from bad to good. They're simply not.

Well you’re not gonna see Miami draft a OG at 11.

Yes, a great defender will make a defense go from bad to good. Just like a great player can make an offense go from bad to good. When a difference maker is added, especially at Lb or S then the change is felt through out the entire defense.

Yes, a great defender will make a defense go from bad to good. Just like a great player can make an offense go from bad to good. When a difference maker is added, especially at Lb or S then the change is felt through out the entire defense.

Sure.

Is-Loyalty-Dead.jpg

You use an example of a FA signing to a draft pick on 2 positions that impact games far more..

Once KC drafted Berry their defense improved, once Seattle got Earl Thomas that defense instantly improved once Carolina got Luke that defense improved tremendously. Guys who control where players line up and make adjustments matter much more than a DT whose only job is to get penetration.

Nice try though.

Dolphins Guards
Bushrod ranked #62G
Larson ranked #67G
Davis Ranked #63G

Patriots Guards
Mason Ranked #10G
Thuney Ranked #14G

Funny we're looking at the PFF rankings here. Tom Brady was sacked 35 times in 587 pass attempts and is really good at avoiding sacks. Probably the best in the league. Cutty/Moore/Fales were sacked 33 times in 602 pass attempts and Moore sucks at avoiding sacks (7 vs NE in the first game with Moore who notoriously takes bad sacks) while Cutler was all right.

Tell me again who had all day to throw?

I believe Smith would give us thee most noticeable production from the start. Love the thought of pairing him w McMillan for several years to come. I say "noticeable", because Nelson would probably do the same, but not as polarized, James could be our answer to Gronk???

Can't go wrong with any, but if it were me, in order would be:

Smith
Nelson
James

St this point I’m all for James or mayfield if he’s there. James as FS and let TJM roam the field as a hybrid could really kill 2 birds with one stone. If we draft corn in the 1st round I’m gonna kick the shyt out of my neighbor’s dog.

Back
Top Bottom