Chop | Page 38 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chop

I wasn’t comparing Robinson to Van Noy in any way as players. I was just pointing out at the minimum, Robinson will have a similar role as Van Noy as a rookie and that the people saying that Miami didn’t draft a player in the first round that will contribute this year are way off base.
OK.

I guess I'm just not seeing it. KVN, in his prime, was a very versatile and experienced player, who was asked to do a myriad of things. Not many players have a diverse enough skillset to pull that off as veterans, let alone as a rookie, yet to see NFL speed, or quality of players as a whole.

It's a lot to expect. Even more to ask.

Respect your opinion as always, though.

OK.

I guess I'm just not seeing it. KVN, in his prime, was a very versatile and experienced player, who was asked to do a myriad of things. Not many players have a diverse enough skillset to pull that off as veterans, let alone as a rookie, yet to see NFL speed, or quality of players as a whole.

It's a lot to expect. Even more to ask.

Respect your opinion as always, though.
I don’t think there’s much for Robinson to pull off. They are going to ask him to do one thing initially. Get after the QB in their sub packages.

anyone know where we can watch that episode on chop?

I’ll tell you one thing, Michigan sure was aware of Robinson when they were passing. He was,killing them on one on one blocks the first few plays, but the started doubling him once he started wrecking them early. At the 7:32 mark of the second video Robinson does a great job of setting the edge on that running play. He may not be the best defensive end I’ve ever seen against the run but he’s far from a liability. It looks to me like his biggest weakness against the run is his ability to locate the ball sometimes.

He does decent job, but I have noted he get enveloped often by long armed players. I am going to be curious if can learn how to hand fight the OT hands down in pros.

He does decent job, but I have noted he get enveloped often by long armed players. I am going to be curious if can learn how to hand fight the OT hands down in pros.
I’ve taken that into the evaluation equation with chop and I see how he defeats the tackle with consistently

I can’t say the same about Kamara

Back
Top Bottom