Chris Borland | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chris Borland

phinfan33

Club Member
Reaction score
What rd is this kid expected to go in? I just googled him and did some reading up on this kid, and based on what i read, he's Zach 2.0. 5'11"...245lbs...2013 Big Ten DPOY. Any chance we could maybe get him in the 3rd rd?

I've been working on my draft matrix for the last couple of weeks. Not all draft sites that I use have a complete list yet but on 4 of the sites I used his average ranking is 80th which would put him somewhere in the 3 round. His highest ranking in 74th, lowest is 85th.

Borland is a very good football player! He plays bigger than he appears and reads and reacts very quickly. IMO he would be a terrific pick for us if we could get him in the 3rd round. He plays so physical and seems football smart. Definitely the type of MLB that we've been missing since ZT. I would be thrilled with that selection.

Great tackler, a lot like Keuchly in the respect that once he gets hands on you, you're going down. He also causes a ton of fumbles. Great technique, gets his helmet on the ball.

sounds like a guy who will move up draft boards though and its early. Zach broke the mold.

Id take him in the 2nd no questions asked. First round talent...he will get knocked due to lack of long speed and explosion but his instincts more than make up for it.

I have no doubt he will be drafted by the Miami Dolphins. Fits right into the group with Ellerbe and Wheeler with horrible angles and missed tackles. Zach Thomas was amazing at open field tackles. You're doing Zach a disservice by trying to compare the two.

If we are going for an undersized LB, I want Telvin Smith, he is a playmaker!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

If we are going for an undersized LB, I want Telvin Smith, he is a playmaker!

Agreed just put 20 lbs on him. At the worst he could start on Nickel

Agreed just put 20 lbs on him. At the worst he could start on Nickel

I don't know if putting on weight would hurt his speed and explosion but the kid is a straight playmaker!

Back
Top Bottom