Chubby's Offseason Plan | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chubby's Offseason Plan

Chubby

SUPERFAN
Reaction score
Chubby's Offseason Plan
This is what I am hoping for or would do to fix up this team. Alot of this depends on the CBA being signed, i dont think it will be done till after the draft.

1. Hire Jim Harbaugh
2. Let him bring his own OC
3. Move up past Minny if needed but find away to either draft Mallet or Gabbert
4. Resign Ronne
5. Sign Michael Bush
6. Sign Bo Scaife
7. Sign Logan Mankins
8. Draft TE/RB and Rnds 3 & 4
9. Draft OG,C,WR (would be returner),RB between rounds 5-7
10. Cut Hilliard,Cobb,Wallace, Pruitt
11. Sign Vet OG to push compete with Jerry

Would give us an offensive minded HC with an offensive minded OC and would feature the following offense

1.Mallet or Gabbert
2.Bush,Brown & Rookie Running Back
3.Marshall,Hartline,Bess, Moore, Rookie WR(Speedster)
4.Scaife, Fasano, Rookie TE
5.Long,Mankins,Incognito,Vet OG,Carrey

Would anyone really be upset with this offseason?

let me fix this

Agree with Harbaugh Chubbs, would like to explore whatever it would take to get Luck before we settle for a Newton or Gabbert(I'm not sold on Mallet's accuracy).

Resign Ronnie only if it is reasonable. Bush if it is reasonable.

Agree with Harbaugh Chubbs, would like to explore whatever it would take to get Luck before we settle for a Newton or Gabbert(I'm not sold on Mallet's accuracy).

Resign Ronnie only if it is reasonable. Bush if it is reasonable.
I just updated, i had origianlly submitted way to early.

1. Hire Jim Harbaugh Agree
2. Let him bring his own OC Agree
3. Move up past Minny if needed but find away to either draft Mallet or Gabbert Agree
4. Resign Ronne Disagree (he's gonna want too much money to consider keeping him)
5. Sign Michael Bush Agree (Bush wants to be a starter, he should be a starter)
6. Sign Bo Scaife No Complaint
7. Sign Logan Mankins Agree (would be a huge signing for us)
8. Draft TE/RB and Rnds 3 & 4 Disagree slightly (if we take Scaife then we shouldn't take a TE in rounds 3 or 4)
9. Draft OG,C,WR (would be returner),RB between rounds 5-7 Agree
10. Cut Hilliard,Cobb,Wallace, Pruitt Agree
11. Sign Vet OG to push compete with Jerry Agree

Maybe instead of breaking the bank on Ronnie we should make a play for Jerome Harrison. Get a little thunder and lightning action going with Bush/Harrison.

Cam Newton = Tavaris Jackson

Write it down

Bo Scaife is ok, but isn't Vernon Davis a FA as well. I mean it seems like all young super talented guys are headed down to south beach. And i believe we have the ultimate trump card with his brother playing for us. Maybe we could not resign ronnie use that money to go towards Davis, I mean Ronnie is one of my favs but RB is the easiest position to fill in the NFL, and with the NFL becoming a passing league more and more getting an impact TE to go along with a new young Qb and a HC with an offensive background and a background of developing QB's is the way to go. I know Henne is young but Harbaugh would want a young guy he choose to build up.

And trust me if Ross makes a move to Harbaugh he will allow him to choose his own HC and will be all Jerry Jones at the draft to get the QB of his choice

Bo Scaife is ok, but isn't Vernon Davis a FA as well. I mean it seems like all young super talented guys are headed down to south beach. And i believe we have the ultimate trump card with his brother playing for us. Maybe we could not resign ronnie use that money to go towards Davis, I mean Ronnie is one of my favs but RB is the easiest position to fill in the NFL, and with the NFL becoming a passing league more and more getting an impact TE to go along with a new young Qb and a HC with an offensive background and a background of developing QB's is the way to go. I know Henne is young but Harbaugh would want a young guy he choose to build up.

And trust me if Ross makes a move to Harbaugh he will allow him to choose his own HC and will be all Jerry Jones at the draft to get the QB of his choice
Vernon signed an extension this season, my other option at TE was Owen Daniels but I think Scaife would be cheaper option until Rookie can step up.
Chubbs

Back
Top Bottom