Claypool to Bills | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Claypool to Bills

Fin-Loco

Grilling Chicken Little
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Collectively, we got far too hopeful on Claypool (I admit I was one). Glad he's gone. Even more glad he was not able to understand McD's playbook so he is of no value regarding being sweated for Phins information by Bills.

How can you have all that talent and suck so much at football?

Will Ferrell Lol GIF

I know people have this perceived need for a big target, but that's a fallacy. It's about separation ability and being able to get to the right spot on time. If we had 6 guys who could do that consistently then it wouldn't matter what pass defense we were facing.

Claypool was big and fast and that seems to be the limit of some people's evaluation. But those are secondary (or tertiary) needs in this system. You do need guys who are strong enough to avoid being redirected or knocked off their routes (part of being in the right spot at the right time), but that's about core strength, not height. Claypool was big and fast, but couldn't do any of the things that really mattered for us.

I know people have this perceived need for a big target, but that's a fallacy. It's about separation ability and being able to get to the right spot on time. If we had 6 guys who could do that consistently then it wouldn't matter what pass defense we were facing.

Claypool was big and fast and that seems to be the limit of some people's evaluation. But those are secondary (or tertiary) needs in this system. You do need guys who are strong enough to avoid being redirected or knocked off their routes (part of being in the right spot at the right time), but that's about core strength, not height. Claypool was big and fast, but couldn't do any of the things that really mattered for us.
Claypool was supposed to be the big target a good TE would be. Now we have a big TE to be a big TE and he's also one of the fastest in the league.

Damn he's being handed around the league like an NFL groupie....good luck...I hope he can turn things around as a player....but I hope the bad luck that he brings to teams that he plays on continues....

Back
Top Bottom