Clements Getting Franchise Tag? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Clements Getting Franchise Tag?

Prime

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
FRANCHISE TAG COMING FOR CLEMENTS?

In the wake of a stellar Week One performance against elite receiver Andre Johnson of the Texans, Bills cornerback Nate Clements likely has put himself closer in line for the franchise tag.

Prior to Clements' shut-down performance against Johnson, there already was talk that the Bills will slap the F-bomb on the 2001 first-rounder before signing him to a long-term, big-money deal.

"You all know I'm the best," Clements said in August. "If you're the best at your job, you ought to be compensated for being the best at your position. I won't settle for anything less than being that best and that's for everything. I want to get a pick everyday. I want to lead the league in interceptions."

Clements upped the ante on Sunday, when he held Johnson, a Pro Bowler and widely regarded as a budding superstar, to three catches for 18 yards.

So where does he go from here? The Buffalo News reported earlier in the week that no progress has been made between the Bills and Clements' agent, Todd France.

Based on what we're hearing, progress won't be made -- and the Bills will ultimately exercise their prerogative to use the franchise tag on Clements.

Source: PFT

Is this true Bills fans? What have you guys been hearing?

7 year back-loaded contract sounds good to me.

If worse comes to worse he'll be franchised and traded. You don't let someone like Clements just walk.

Worse case scenario he'll get franchised (at the very least). Hopefully w/a little creative accounting we'll be able to sign him to a long term contract that won't break the bank.

Crisis said:
7 year back-loaded contract sounds good to me.

If worse comes to worse he'll be franchised and traded. You don't let someone like Clements just walk.

You cant back load a young stud player.

He will get alot of his money in the 1st few years. He has 20+ million in bonus money written all over it.

Ace88 said:
"You all know I'm the best," Clements said in August. "If you're the best at your job, you ought to be compensated for being the best at your position. I won't settle for anything less than being that best and that's for everything. I want to get a pick everyday. I want to lead the league in interceptions."

Now that is an ego.

Back
Top Bottom