Clint Stoerner? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Clint Stoerner?

Phinnhedd

Logic, rarely used on here.
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the deal with Clint Stoerner is? He is getting a lot of publicity from the NFL website, obviously he is making a name for himself over in NFLEL. Everyone is disenchanted with Fiedler, A.J. is yet unproven, but Clint is busting his hump over in NFLEL. My question is -- do you guys think he will be as good in the NFL as he is doing in the NFLEL and part 2 do you think he will be playing for the Dolphins? I saw him on the NFL website and it had made me curious because I keep seeing his name in the lead story and also keep seeing stories of the bumpy ride of an offseason we are having.

Phinnhedd said:
Does anyone know what the deal with Clint Stoerner is? He is getting a lot of publicity from the NFL website, obviously he is making a name for himself over in NFLEL. Everyone is disenchanted with Fiedler, A.J. is yet unproven, but Clint is busting his hump over in NFLEL. My question is -- do you guys think he will be as good in the NFL as he is doing in the NFLEL and part 2 do you think he will be playing for the Dolphins? I saw him on the NFL website and it had made me curious because I keep seeing his name in the lead story and also keep seeing stories of the bumpy ride of an offseason we are having.

No, and no. Remember, the level of competition in NFLE is nowhere near our NFL. He'll be TC fodder for Miami.

One of the reasons given for signing him last season was that he was eligible for the practice squad. We cut him for the season but then re-signed him and sent him to Europe. Given Fiedler's injury record and Feeley's newness, I think Stoerner will be givan a chance to learn in camp and then sit on the expanded practice squad like an insurance policy.

I have always been unsure why Clint doens't get a longer look. I first noticed him in some games (preseason??) when he played for Dallas. He looked great and I had hoped Miami would pursue him. Now that we have him he probably will never get a chance with Wanny's love-affair with Fielder. I would love to see a fair chance to compete in camp.

relive1972 said:
No, and no. Remember, the level of competition in NFLE is nowhere near our NFL. He'll be TC fodder for Miami.

The level of competition in the SEC seems to be high enough to trust guys like Eli Manning, Peyton Manning, Rex Grossman, etc. ....Remember, Stoerner is Arkansas's all-time leading passer.
(I'm fully aware that comparing him to those guys is going way out on a limb.)

Back
Top Bottom