CNNSI: Miami over Minnesota in Super Bowl | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

CNNSI: Miami over Minnesota in Super Bowl

Nublar7

Retired FinHeaven Staff
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
This is just an update from the guy who picked us to win it all. Now he has given the team he thinks we will beat.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=purplepassion&prov=cnnsi&type=lgns

A Minnesota-Miami matchup would be the same pairing as Super Bowl VIII, when Larry Csonka rushed 33 times for a then-Super Bowl-record 145 yards, while Bob Griese completed 6 of 7 passes for 73 yards in the Dolphins' 24-7 victory.

Sadly for Vikings fans, I can see -- through the thick summer smog -- Ricky Williams and Jay Fiedler doing similar things as Minnesota falls to 0-5 in the big game.

LIQUID24 said:
I wonder if he's a Dolphin fan...

I know, does this line give it away?

"The next logical question is: Which team from the NFC will the Dolphins beat?"

..that's a riot! :roflmao:

Let's be honest, to say that the Dolphins will make the Superbowl this season is a long shot, to say that they wil beat the Vikings is even harder to believe. Does anyone remember the last time the two met? I do think, however, that if we were to make it to the SB and if the Vikings were to be the opposing team, then that would mean that our offense would be greatly improved from last season and our defense was probably not giving up the big play anymore. So, our defense would be able to keep Daunte and Moss under control enough to give our offense a chance to win. Just like last time, with Ricky running and with Chambers as the deep threat (which Fiedler did use last time they met), I think we could overpower their defense. And as much as people hate DW, he did outcoach Tice last time the two teams met, but, once again our defense gave up too many big plays and essentially handed the Vikings the win...in the SB, though, it would be different! :fire:

I doubt either team even gets to within sniffing distance of the conference championship games.

I know we're all entitled to our own opinions but I'm getting tired of Bills fans and other fans of teams always trashing every positive Dolphin story. Why is it that the Dolphins cant beat Minnesota in the Super Bowl? Just b/c you're a rival doesnt mean you can't ever say something positive about this team. They have potential, didnt you see it in the sweep last year? God damn I hope we kick your a$$ses again so I can rub it in your face. :cooldude:

Let's look at it this way guys. Miami vs. Minnesota in the Super Bowl doesn't look like a very smart prediction..............but last May I bet New England vs. Carolina was pretty laughable too.

Las Vegas odds to win the Superbowl...

Miami Dolphins 20-1
Minnesota Vikings 25-1

Odds to win the NFC
Minnesota Vikings 12-1

Odds to win the AFC
Miami Dolphins 11-1

Thats either a $430 or $480 win depending on the outcome of the Superbowl.. all that money for a $40.00 bet... I'm rich I'm rich I'm rich I tell ya

Back
Top Bottom