"Coach Henning is the same person each and every week. He doesn't change anything." | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Coach Henning is the same person each and every week. He doesn't change anything."

Nevermind, I searched the quote in google and it's been on several sites. Surprised it hasn't been blown up at all though.

:lol:

Well, after more reading, it's being taken out of context. It's true, but Thigpen didn't mean it as an insult.

Sebas finally ur signature is good luck lol.....I was about to call you out on the boards about it being bad luck, haha.

Every few weeks, the Jets offensive coordinator seems to come up with a gameplan that is completely against his teams talents/skills. They mulligan the game, have a brief blow up, then he "dummies" down the offensive into what they can handle. They then are competative.

Good coaches do that. They adapt, they tweak, and they put their players in the best position to win games.
We on the other hand continue to do the same thing week after week expecting different results(Albert Einstein's definition of insanity). Players from 3 different opposing teams have come out and suggested they knew what plays we were running, what plays we wouldnt run, and how we would react to situations(Ed Reed, Cortland Finnegan, and Brian Urlacher). Yet, god bless him, Henning is determined to do things "his way" and be damned the results. While on this crusade, he absolutely refuses to be held accountable. I mean, really, you'd think you might want to adapt alittle when opposing players are publically thanking you after the game.

His "system" didnt work for Pennington in 2009(0-3 record, more picks then touchdowns). It hasnt worked for Henne this season. And it certainly didnt work for Thigpen against the Bears. It makes me chuckle when i see threads pop up saying "its all Henne's fault! we need a new QB! the grass is greener, the grass is greener!!!". So far, there is a trend when it comes to Henning and quarterbacks...and that trend is not a good one.

It's going to be nice to have a new OC hopefully next season.

Back
Top Bottom